Wednesday, 15 September 2010

"Catch a Falling . . . . . "

.
Why is it, as soon as the word 'knickers' or 'bra'
is on the front page of the online newspapers,
that the 'Page Hit Rate' rockets?

Although,
to be honest,
I must admit,
I did notice something in yesterdays Torygraph and so did Angus,
but he got in first!

I had this all planned and can't let it go to waste.

"Marks & Spencer has been criticised for selling a £20 'stick-on' bra
that has no straps and should not be worn for more than eight hours."

"Housewife Shirley Moss, of Maidstone, Kent, said the concept was ludicrous.
She said: "It's usually about 12 hours at least before I take a bra off each day.
"So four o'clock in the afternoon, wherever I am......., in the supermarket,......."

.
.
"Catch a Falling Bra and put it in your pocket."
"Save it for a rainy day."

I wondered why so many men were hanging around
at four o'clock in Sainsbury's this afternoon!
Now I know.
Waiting for the 'sticky' to wear off.


Now, a couple of weeks ago I googled 'Life-jackets'
or was it 'Water-wings'?
I can't remember which......

But ! - Blow me down, pick me up and blow me down again!

What have we here?

Don't ask me what it is or what is going on.
I have no idea.
.
.
My Gast is Flabbered
.

9 comments:

  1. The mind boggles at that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is that you stick them on if you are going out in the evening. You might be wearing a dress that don't want straps or edges showing through. Usually that would be for less than 8 hours. So go on, you CAN wear that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust you to find a photo like that !!
    And what were you googling "water wings" for anyway?
    You men never change do you?
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least those blokes in the bottom photo aren't holding up traffic. The world gets odder every day. :)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cherie,
    Yes, my mind had a quick boggle too. :)

    What dress is that Foody? :o
    Thanks for than info. I'll pass the details on to Angus.
    You get a couple - you could also use them as 'ear-warmers' when you go out in the cold to feed the ponies.
    OR you could stick a pair on the ponies front knees in case they slip over. :)

    Morning Helen,
    I know - I am a shocker! :o
    But the web is so useful for finding funny photos. :)
    Well, living near the Thames, I thought I should be prepared - just in case, you know.

    Hi Kate,
    I don't think they had many cars where that event was taking place. Looks a bit like South America to me. Perhaps it was Valentines Day celebrations in Argentina? :)

    Cheers.....Bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like two gigantic water balloons....look out for the flood. Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim,
    I lost touch with your blog in April. :(
    Just been over and found you're back. :)
    Jolly good.
    Yes - crazy thing some people do!

    Hi Myrna,
    True, they do. The children here fill balloons with water - they call them 'Water Bombs'.
    Perhaps those in the pic were 'Water Boobs'?

    Hi Eliza,
    Yes, a severe case of "OMG"', as you say. :o

    Cheers......Bernard.

    ReplyDelete