Tuesday, 11 January 2011

I'm 'Scraping the Bowl' again!

.
I know, it‘s been a week since I last posted
but there hasn’t been a lot of activity in this household, of late.
Every day, drab, dreary and usually damp, if not a darn site wet!
I’ve stayed in,
Hazel has stayed in;
Even Wesley has stayed in, which is usually unheard of.

Subjects for blogs are for me, at this time of the year,
not easy to come by, and today,
I have to admit that I am indeed ’scraping the bowl’.
(or should that be 'the barrel'?)

Talking of ‘bowls’, did any of you see this?
I found it on YouTube amongst quite a few vids.
.
.
A ‘Cat Toilet’ - or to be more precise,
a trained pussy using a full size toilet.
It appears you start off with a (special) litter-tray at the base of the loo,
then, after a few days you put the tray on top of the toilet.
Now if, and when, kitty gets used to this, a circular piece is removed from the centre.
This leaves a nice little hole to the water below,
and assuming your cat has a good aim, hey presto!
But if not, all is not lost,
you simply take out the next ring making the hole a little larger.
This process continues until all the rings containing litter have been removed and the cat perches on the seat - and - well you know!

I suggested this to Hazel but she seems totally unwilling to jump up eighteen inches to do what she can quite easily do at ground floor level.
Wesley gave me two fingers and said he much preferred showing off to all the lady cats,
down by the compost heap!

I don’t think dogs are quite as clever as cats,
and most could not be persuaded to try this out.

Just look at this chap! He has no idea what a pussy is really for.
.
.
And now, something for all you incontinent gardeners.
There you are, right down the bottom of the patch,
hoeing away and along comes a ‘call of nature‘.
Now, there is no need to remove muddy boots and wash grubby mitts.
Why not stay where you are and use the ‘Guldkannen‘.
.
.
"A Wee Potty"

It's a handy toilet cum watering can from the Swedish manufacturer, Guldkannan
(those Swede's have always had less inhibitions).
The top has been designed to make it comfortable to sit on
and after you have finished, you can water it over the garden.
as there you can see a video of this ingenious container in use on the back lawn!
Click on "In the Wild". (all very decent I promise).


And if you take a toilet roll out into the garden,
make sure there are no Alpaca about.
.
.
It seems they like to swallow these juicy morsels whole!
.

ps Up at the start, I used the word 'darn site'.
I am not sure if this is correct?
Is it 'darn sight'? or
or perhaps 'damn sight',
or even 'damn site'?
'Darn' is a shortened form of 'darnation' which in turn is,
a colloquial form of 'damnation'.
Interesting, isn't it?
.

12 comments:

  1. That cat doesn't look very enthusiastic about the idea. My cats wouldn't either. :) I'm impressed that some cats can be trained like this, but being practically minded, I wonder how hygienic it is - you'd be cleaning the seat every five minutes!
    As for the "wee potty" garden fertiliser idea, I suppose it's a variation on a composting toilet, but it's a bit potty isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great if I could train my cats like this, but they prefer to drink out of the toilet! I'll have to check out the Swedish video :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have obviously seen what has happened. Which has created me problems. Bloody dozens of comments to make but have come to you first old friend. Am not daft enough to not know my 'fame' is but fleeting and undeserved. Your posts are never anything but excellent, its a funny old world.(Heck of a name, Wesley!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, my Mums cat used to wee in the hand basin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate,
    I didn't like the cat toilet idea either.
    My cats don't always get 'it' in the litter-tray and I have to stand it on old newspaper.
    As you say, you'd be forever cleaning it.
    As for that loo, I can't believe anyone uses it except perhaps, in the tool-shed!

    Eliza, I've heard of dogs drinking the water but that's a long stretch for a cat's neck. :o
    I only popped up that link to prove I was not making the whole thing up! :)

    Hello Ken my old friend.
    You are always welcome here to rest a while.
    Don't let it be a problem. Dedicate a whole 'post' to thanking everyone and explain that it is too much for you to get round to leaving comments on all those sites. Be honest, people should understand. Look on the bright side. It could be worse, Maddie now has 838 followers!
    No one could be expected to reply to that number. (Glad you like my rambles, but PLEASE don't go and recommend me for anything.)
    I named Wesley after that character in Last of the Summer Wine. Wesley Peggdon wasn't it?

    Hand basin? Kath,
    That's an even higher jump up than the loo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only had one cat who decided the bath plughole was the place to use - but only once. Perhaps it was too drafty??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Subjects for blogs not easy to come by? You've enough ,material for a week there, Bernard! Those cat toilets are a blinkin' good idea.I've always thought it would be best if people just had their cats loos in their own loos.
    Where DO you get those photos?
    I like the jumping monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sylve,
    It never ceases to amaze me how cats find these places. I wonder what prompted your to cat to climb into the bath in the first place? It can't have been food. :)

    Morning Foody:
    It is true I have 'bits and pieces' tucked away.
    But they are only 'bits' and I couldn't write a whole post on any one. This post has been put together from snippets collected over, nearly two years! When I see an amusing picture or bit of news, I save them for later.
    I have quite a collection now. If you want the monkey, I'll send you code if you like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how many times the cat fell in...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Bernard,
    Thanks for your messages. It's so nice to be back visiting while I'm having breakfast. Found some frozen croissants in the freezer as it defrosted so not doing it too hard here!
    They had a cat using a toilet like that in the film"Meet the Fokkers". It flushed the loo too = spring loaded seat I think.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a funny blog. My dog's only toilet trick is mundane; he drinks out of it. Nice to be back blogging. We have been busy buying a vacation home (photo on blog). I have been researching and preparing a 2 hr. presentation for a UCLA PLATO SOCIETY (learning in retirement study/discussion group) class in Social Movements and the Music that motivates them. My topic was Slavery in America, and Music of Oppression. It was fascinating....so many Spirituals and Gospel songs that were really coded messages to help them escape slavery. It was great fun presenting it, with the music.....lots of informed discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It didn't say Cherie,
    but the starting ring only has a 3" hole and as the cat gets used to it, it is removed to leave a 6" hole. I expect the cats prefer a wooden seat to dig their claws into! :(

    Hi Helen, Glad to hear thing are not desperate for you. I live by the Thames but I'm pleased to say, on higher ground. :)

    Hi Myrna:
    Yes, I do funny blogs every now and then. :)
    "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy."
    ....as the saying goes.
    That sounds very interesting about Spirituals and Gospel songs. I have quite a few of those, and of course, many of them are fairly easy to play.

    ReplyDelete