.
Here's a post which is bound to upset my brother Adrian!
Not keen on cats you see.
.

.
But it can't be helped because yesterday was Wesley's Birthday.
Fifteen years ago these two little 'terrors' arrived
to liven up Hazel's previously peaceful existence.
'Pride & Prejudice' was on the telly at the time,
and I named them 'Lizzie' and 'Darcy'.
.

.
However, I wasn't very happy with the name Darcy,
so I needed to think of something new.
I thought of Rupert, but he didn't really fit the part.
I though of Compo, from Last of the Summer Wine,
but he didn't seem scruffy enough!
So he ended up with Wesley, the old car enthusiast,
from the same series.
Here is is yesterday, lazing around in the sun,
with a tummy full of steak mince!
.
.
Ginger cats sleep anywhere, any table, any chair,
Top of piano, window ledge,
In the middle, on the edge.
His sister Lizzie, died a couple of years ago,
we think, from a heart attack.
I had them at seven weeks old and Hazel actually
didn't seem to mind them all that much.
Here is Wes. pushing his luck,
with a four year old Hazel.
.

.
And here they are fifteen years on,
still the best of friends.
.
.
I posted up a similar one to this earlier,
with Wes. giving Hazel a good licking.
This is the first time however,
I have managed to catch them doing a 'double act'!
.

Happy Birthday, Wesley!
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to see cats getting on together - I had wondered where the name Wesley came from. A tum full of mince and a sunny windowsill - what could be nicer!
Bless:)
ReplyDeleteMany more Wesley,
How CuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUtE!!!!!!!!!!! I will watch the video tomorrow when I'm not at work.
ReplyDeleteLovely Bernard,,nice people like cats.
ReplyDeleteYou are obviously good at nurturing more than your musical machinery, Uncle B. Long live the kitties!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Wesley!
ReplyDeleteThe video is so sweeEEEET!!!
ReplyDeleteI perfect name change, he is definitely a Wesley :-)
ReplyDeleteThat video is so cute :-)
Wesley was very impressed with all your your comments and kind wishes. He has asked me to thank you all. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd a big thanks from Unc. B. of course.
Well I've often seen horses doing it but not cats before. So nice to see they get along so well.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helen
Ah, cute, my cats spend most of their time trying to kill each other!
ReplyDeleteHi Bernard, your ancestors look like royalty to me. Quite elegant. Haven't been blogging because I've been preoccupied with getting ready for our Panama Canal cruise. Hope I will be able to blog from the ship, I know we can email. Any way, love your animated monkey...very cute.
ReplyDelete