Sunday, 4 September 2011

A Film Premier!

.
I made Cookham meadows on time yesterday.
And I'm pleased to say, it stayed dry all day,
which is the most important aspect of 'Outdoor Grinding'.
My pitch was right alongside the river, and consequently found myself in a Force 2 1/2 gale!
I started playing at 11am and went on until about 5pm.
Certainly good for the muscles in the right arm!

I didn't get round to taking loads of pictures this year,
as I couldn't leave the organ unattended.
So I set up the camera on its tripod,
and had a go at a 'self portrait'
What a hoot!
Now don't laugh!
I'm still a beginner!

.
.
The dogs didn't think much of it,
but the children adored the Monkey,
and
I don't think the parents minded,
as
my two collecting pots
were quite heavy by 5 o'clock.

A Birthday I shan't forget.

I didn't get a pee all day -
until I got home at six!!!!!
.

24 comments:

  1. At least it stayed dry for you. Well done with your collecting pots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heartily approve of the bright, striped shirt, it adds to the festivity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather was kind to me Sylve.
    Just look at today's rain!
    I was collecting for some 'Mobility scheme' for the local people who are immobile; (would you believe?)
    I can't remember the name - I just volunteered to help.

    Hello Jan. The shirt and the geraniums were the 'brightest' things going that day.
    The monkey, the music and I were, on the whole a bit dull. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of your film making talents Uncle B!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Bernard. We loved watching that clip. It did look a bit breezy there - good job it kept dry. That little lad in the bright pink shirt made me laugh, he wasn't half enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great movie making, I just watched it with Bob, wish you could have been at our day...O'h and I am in awe of your talent for holding on all day!!!!and I don't mean the music machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, once again, you've made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! (Sorry a tad late)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning everyone and thanks for your kind comments and Birthday wishes.
    It was one nice dry day - out of all these wet ones we're having now.
    What luck!
    It's coming down in buckets here at the moment.
    Think I'll stay in and catch up on every-bodies blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol I expected to see you running around like Benny Hill when I heard the music Bernard. Fabulous to look at and listen to, well done. I did delete my post about my blog problem, after it was fixed, mind you I tried to post on Foody's just now and the box had checked again and I honestly did not do that grrrrr, so you recommend Google Chrome I am so nervous at changing anything on the laptop. Happy belated birthday wishes from Ayr :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday. That shirt and those geraniums look just right for a celebration. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks for the information Bernard re Google Chrome, hubby just looked at my laptop and I have it on my desk top !!!! (hanging head in shame) see I am computer illerate :-(
    thank you so much any way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday and welcome back.
    Looks like you had a very pleasant day at Cookham. I must look it up so I know where you are talking about.
    Cheers
    Helen
    PS Loved the little movie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ann,
    Glad I could help. :)

    Hi Elizabeth,
    Thank you for calling in and wishing me Happy Birthday.
    I wore that shirt as it was supposed to be a Regatta and I thought it was a tad nautical.

    Helen, You weren't far from Cookham when you were at Cliveden. Looking out over the River, Cookham is on the other side. A 'Stones throw' away.
    Cheers. B

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that is an excellent self portrait for a beginner :-)

    It looks like you had a really fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks CherryPie,
    It is difficult to get the right frame size when you are not in the picture.
    Normally I would have had several goes and kept the best. But..... there was a crowd waiting for me to play.
    Yes, a busy day, but fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clap clap clap! That was great! People obviously enjoyed it. Hazel Production. I like that. Liked the monkey too. And you can run too, Bernard!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bernard that was very moreish I loved every minute of it - I can imagine your head was still whirling away as you lay in bed that night - Cookham looks fun - I must admit I have never been there - there is of course something addictive about fairground organ music - have a lovely week - Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bernard come up to Scotland it doesn't always rain! we have had a good summer in fact less rain than our daughter in the Midlands. It is a lovely area.
    Robert Burns liked the women and had many illegitimate children! so he burnt himself out!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Foody - All five of my YouTube videos are 'Hazel Productions'.
    You can find my channel here -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/voxhumanapipe?feature=mhee

    Glad you approved. :)

    Hello Jane,
    Cookham is only a small village really, but there is usually always something going on.

    Hi Ann,
    Haven't ruled it out - but my! What a long drive up. I would be knackered before I got there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. You put a smile on my face this morning. Regardless of the wind, the "Benny Hill Theme" came through just fine-loved it. You must have irregular upper arms! Happy Belated Birthday, it looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know what you have been doing this summer Bernard the sailor:)

    terrible wind you have there, have you tried activated charcoal.

    belated happy birthday my friend:)

    Angus

    ReplyDelete
  24. Myrna and Angus:
    Thanks - glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete