Saturday, 7 August 2010

Marigolds for Tea Tonight!

.
I've been out all day at a Steam Rally.

It was not 'wall to wall' sunshine, but as it happens I prefer this cooler weather.
Well, I have just got back in, and have now to sort out a few interesting photos, and something for tonight's tea.
Some steam for those who like steam: some ducks, for those who like ducks and a few unusual pics of "phut-phut" ("Chugger") engines for those ....... well.... are there any?

But back to tonight's tea.
I really must make a start on those tomatoes.
But just look at the size!
.
.
The "Worlds Smallest Tomato"?
(that little fellow at the top is 1/8" across)

So here's what I mustered up.
A White Pudding and tomato bake,
garnished with Rosemary and Marigold petals.
.
.
And, yes. It is weird, but Marigolds are edible and delicious!
(An olde fashioned herbie)
.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fun day out. You seem to be a bit of a gourmet cook on the quiet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with your cooking skills - I think !
    White pudding sounds a bit like Black Pudding - is it? Not something we have in Oz. I have tasted Black Pudding when in the UK (some nice , some not ) but it may be something you have to grow up with. Hard to get past what it is made from I'm afraid :)
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those dear little tomatoes! I am trying your trick of ripening some greengages in the greenhouse. I am determined to feast on them before we move house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Uncle B. first of...i have heard and eaten a lot of black pudding and i like that..but never of white one...is it with liverpate?..it looks delicious what you have in your bowls there...and those tomatoes...they must taste awesome by the looks of them...and so many!!..
    Great pictures you are sharing with us...love the one of Hazel in your previous post...maybe she is just enjoying her old age..no need to chase anymore...why should she?!...gets her dinner served on a plate..and you did not eat the animals she brought you anyway..lol...she is a bit like this "old" girl...take all things easy...
    have a great Sunday...no sun no rain here...just lovely temperatures...can breath again..
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delicious post. I googled "White Pudding" and found very tempting recipes. But not one photo looked as good as your presentation. Bon Appétit. Bravo for tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You folks in England eat strange stuff. Except for the tomatoes. I guess most of the ingredients of White Pudding (I had to google it too) are OK, but I'd never think to moosh them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cherie:
    It rained a bit, but on the whole, not a bad day at all.
    Will post a few pics up later.

    Helen: They are not cooking skills really!
    I am not one to eat ‘ready meals’ or things ‘from the tin’. I like variety, and I like tasty food. I’ll tell you all about White Puddings in my next post.

    Hi Kath;
    The world smallest I guess! But all the more flavour.
    Now thanks for reminding me about the greengages. I popped off down the garden to see - and I have quite a few, but hard as rock! They seem safe at the moment, so I may leave them for a day or two to ripen a bit more. If they start to get pecked, I shall pick them PDQ. :D

    Goedemorgen Francien,
    I’m glad you like Black Pud! It’s very popular “up’t North”, as they say.
    It is not the same as Liver Sausage (ie Liver Pate), my next blog will explain it all.
    I’m pleased to hear that you like Hazel’s picture. I was quite pleased with it too.
    I did have a good Sunday, I went to Amersham to hear the band in the gardens.
    http://monkey-organ.blogspot.com/2009/08/come-listen-to-band.html
    This was last year, but yesterday was equally good.

    Hi Claudia,
    More to follow on White Puds!

    We do Jan.
    You must have read about the eccentric English. :)
    I like to remember all those things we used to have as children. In the 1940-50’s we ate all kinds of unusual bits. Many of which, are not available today.

    Just off to write up on White Puds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's the white stuff right in the bottom of the pan?
    BTW I have put some more piggy street names in a comment on my post about the pork farm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your reply on my blog. I would have come back to find the answer, having asked the question. It doesn't look much like cauli under there but I suppose the soup is hiding it.
    I still haven't caught up on everbody's posts since returning from hol.

    ReplyDelete