Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Thrills and spills in Cookham.

.
Well this is what I missed on Sunday.
All over in five minutes.
Not really as I think they have two runs each.

.

.
I still think I did better in going to Amersham Heritage Day.
.

7 comments:

  1. Aw, that looks mad, mad fun! I'm entering next year! Loved the wobbly mouse in the wedge of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks like fun ! and the sky was blue too. Wish I was there !
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't see the the picture :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! They were very imaginative - I rather liked the pirate ship, and the whole thing looked like a lot of fun.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a Soap Box Derby for adults! Great idea, why should kids have all the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernard that made me laugh - what a great day out. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say a collective 'thank you' to all.
    It did look fun and in one case rather painful. :(
    They have held this event for several years now and they try to have different carts each year. Most of them are up on YouTube and I put a link (to the Cookham site which lists them) on my previous post.
    Last year there was a very fast 'tin of Baked Beans'.
    This year, I quite liked the pile of Liquorice Allsorts and also the 'Mouse in the Cheese'.
    Let's hope next years event doesn't clash dates with other events.
    Cheers all......Bernard

    ReplyDelete