Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Good Olde Days?

.

I did a load of research on the Austin for my previous post.
I did a google here, and a google there,
and I was absolutely amazed at what you can find.

Too much sometimes.
I must find out how to refine my searches,
as this is what sometimes pops up!

.
.
Now this is really disgusting.
Just look at those girls SMOKING!

I had a try at covering up the 'naughty bits', but
I don't seem to have quite got the hang of it.

I don't think the car is the same as my great grandfather's
anyway, but I though the photo might interest Angus,
(who has just told me he is not a 'Gentleman').


Meanwhile, Jan, over in California, was reading about these riots in London.
We never used to have things like this in my younger days.
I always thought the English were 'slow to anger',
I certainly am.
I might boycott Tesco or ASDA occasionally,
but I wouldn't dream of kicking their windows in.
(even if they did overcharge me).

I came across this old silent movie from 1913,
showing how we English used to 'riot' in the good old days.

.

.
Fancy going to a riot in a straw hat?
Real Gentlemen obviously, just back from boating on the river.

"I know Charles, lets go and do a spot of rioting".
"What a spiffing wheeze old boy".
.

12 comments:

  1. Oh bernard, that photo is is a bit naughty but you made me laugh when you said about the smoking.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem!! Uncle B. Those naughty ladies! We've just had a frost warning for exposed areas on the weather forecast so fleece them up quick :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I wouldn't worry about covering the naughty bits Bernard, we all know they've got 'em!! Nice car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Bernard. Oh my, those 1913 riots in England were almost just a bit more than I could watch..And as Von says.."we all know they've got 'em"..when covering the naughty bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were the days. Innocent and with hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, very, very naughty and there are still strategic bits un-pixelled.
    I did a post months ago on, well it was Brits as a whole, but about the so-called reserve gone out of the window. I moaned about hooligans and people always being in tears on TV. This never used to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you probably had too much fun trying to cover up parts in that picture. I also find it interesting that ladies with butts that weren't skinny had their pictures taken in the nude. If these were celebrities today, their pictures would be blown up on the internet with comments like - "Guess who has cellulite?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous Burnard,see naughty girls have always been around lol i wonder what their Mums thought as today nudity is on TV and everywhere you look and these girls would have been called tarts i guess but you did make me smile with the smoking comment..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet that photo didn't come out of your family archive box! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your hand was shaking a bit too much when trying to hide the naughty bits Bernard the pixilator.

    How did you manage to hack my family album?

    Reading from left to right:

    Auntie Joan, Cousin Marge and family friend Bertha, funny hats though....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at me! I got so involved in the April 1st post than I forgot to come back and thank you all.
    This and Fridays post are just a bit of fun.
    We can’t be serious all the time, can we?
    Thank you all for stopping by and leaving lovely comments.
    I have never smoked, but have no objection to those who want to.
    I object to the way it is being made ‘criminal’ and ‘outlawed’.
    In 1913, nudity was frowned on and banned and smoking quite acceptable. Now in 1911, we find nudity in newspapers, on TV etc., but smoking banned!
    I hadn’t used that pixilation gadget before. It was fun and many thanks to Angus for the loan of the old picture, as Kath says, it was not my family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1911??????
    Of course I meant 2011.
    "Stupid Boy"

    ReplyDelete