Sunday, 26 September 2010

"The Last Grind of Summer"

.
"This has to be the first weekend for months and months,
when I have nothing to do."

He said yesterday!

And look what pops up.

Milton Keynes Museum Organ Festival of course!
.
.
Must get the 'old girl' in tune ready for this.
I'm planning to be there on Saturday, weather permitting.
.
If you can't wait - there is last years write-up here.
and lots of pictures here.
.

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like the last grind of Summer Bernard, unless it is the fist grind of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you'd like that. :)

    This is the time of the year when us senior organists put our equipment away for the Winter months.
    My organ looks forward to the warm sun on it in the Spring. :)
    It is more in tune and performs better in the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you two; we haven't been properly introduced.
    Off for a hot toddy to recover.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hot toddy? And there was I, thinking it was hot in Australia?
    CheriePie will give us two a good reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not too sure what you're talking about. But it does look like you had a good, active Summer. Wishing you a relaxing, not too cold Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Claude,
    If you click on those links highlighted in red, it will take you to the write-ups I did last year. I didn't take my organ to that do, but weather permitting I plan to join in all the fun this year. :)
    In the comments above, it's only Angus and I larking about a bit. We say silly things to each other over here in England. :)
    Thanks for your kind wishes and I hope your Winter is not too cold either.
    Regards.....Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evening Bernard,
    I understood the larking more than I let on. It was fun. The links you sent me to are very interesting. Colourful days! It's nice to participate from far away. Thank you for your posts. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does indoor grinding not go on in the autumn and winter? Obviously not. Ah well, sometimes it's nice when things are seasonal. Makes you look forward to them and enjoy them all the more. Like swallows and bilberries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are lucky enough to get an invite to a indoor event Foody. Yes. :)
    Most of the Christmas do's are out in the (cold) street. However, you can get some inside, like the one I go to with Dennis in a Garden Centre.
    I don't take my Organ, I play his to give him a rest. He has a bad knee and likes a sit down.
    I played in a school last year but only a 30 minute stint.

    ReplyDelete