Thought for today.
“It is better to have tried and failed, than never tried at all.”
Have you ever noticed how some TV programs go on and on,
well beyond their ‘best before date’?
The one that springs to mind straight away is
“Last of the Summer Wine”.
It dragged on and on even though members of the cast had long departed.
I think it would be far better if these program had ended on a high note,
rather than lingering on and painfully dragging things out.
It was two years ago that I started blogging
and I have over that period mustered up a staggering
(to me at least) 650 posts,
that’s almost one every day for two years.
I was also amazed to read from my ‘stats’,
that over that period I had received
an amazing total of 3,342 comments across these two blogs.
This was also staggering to me,
until I read that quite a number of those were mine!
But never the less,
it was kind of you to leave me,
not only a comment but also encouragement.
I would on this anniversary, like to thank you all.
I had thought of showing a sort of table as some blogger’s do,
and an award to the person for the most comments,
but decided against that.
You have all been very kind for any comment of any sort.
So,
.
.
When you come to the end of a Perfect Day,
And you sit alone with your thought,
While the chimes ring out with a carol gay
For the joy that the day has brought,
Do you think what the end of a perfect day
Can mean to a tired heart,
When the Sun goes down with a flaming ray,
And the dear friends have to part?
Well, this is the end of a perfect day,
Near the end of a journey, too,
But it leaves a thought that is big and strong,
With a wish that is kind and true.
For mem’ry has painted this perfect day
With colours that never fade,
And we find at the end of a perfect day
The soul of a friend we’ve made.
.
.
From Bernard,
Hazel & Wesley
Thank you.
.

Good stuff, Bernard. How on earth do you find the time! Rer stat counters etc I'm very dubious of them. You have been blogging roughly the same as me but you are much more prolific.Any New Year resolutions apart from continuing to live, all of our age group feel a mite bit mortal! I personally would like to finish some writing. 60,000 words and counting!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Bernard. I'm sure you, like me, did not dream that blogging would lead you all over the world and introduce you to so many people. I enjoy reading your posts about your life and thoughts. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helen
Keep on Blogging Bernard, the sphere needs you.
ReplyDeleteDear Uncle Bernard, it has been a great pleasure to meet you and read your many and varied posts. Your cheeky humour and sense of fun is a delight and I am very pleased to be one of your honorary neices XX
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary :-)
ReplyDeleteIt is always a pleasure to visit your blog.
Bernard thank you for all the interesting posts you've put up. 650 is an impressive milestone for anyone. Like Kath said, 'its a pleasure to be included in your honorary niece list' Happy Anniversary.
ReplyDeleteI know you work really hard to keep us entertained and educated, it's a big responsibility sometimes. Please know that your efforts are appreciated. Every morning the first thing I do is check to see what Uncle B is doing, and it's always a treat to have you visit my blog as well.
ReplyDeleteThe problem with trying to end while you're at the top is that you never really know at the time if you're at the top or still climbing. That's easier to see in hindsight. But in hindsight one can also see that there's often as much to learn and as much fun to be had on the trail down the hill. And it's not as tiring.
Please please don't stop. Your blog is lovely and isn't anywhere close to a 'use by date'! Your posts are a must read daily visit and always delight.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Thank you for all I have learned reading your blog, and listening to the music. The best is yet to come.
ReplyDeleteAhhh I loved that poem x Really hoping like others that you r are not thinking of stopping x x x x It would leave a gap x x
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so final, Bernard. You're not leaving us, are you?
ReplyDeleteI have heard 'It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all', but I don't find it convincing. I suppose it depends on how badly you've been hurt in love.
Congratulations Uncle Bernard. I hope this isn't farewell! I have enjoyed and appreciated your posts. You have put so much of yourself in them; the sheet music, poetry, photographs, etc. It really is lots of fun to see what you're up to. Keep blogging, you have many fans.
ReplyDeleteI too, Have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. I'm ashamed to say that there are days that I don't check in. But be assured that I do catch up with all you write.
ReplyDeleteEnjoying every entry.