.
First of all, thanks for all your kind comments.
I've had a nice rest, but still couldn't decide what to do.
So ..........
.
.
I went for a walk up the Thames towards Marlow,
and had a think about things.
It was a little more than cool, it was b***dy cold.
.
.
I thought my feet were cold,
but just imagine what it's like being a duck!
On the whole walk, I only met one lady out with her three dogs.
This is the time of the year
when you have the whole riverbank to yourself.
.
"When the chimes ring out with a carol gay."
Not really, Marlow Church clock struck four.
.

.
"And you sit alone with your thought."
And if you are a swan - cold feet!
.
.
Twilight by the Church at Marlow Bridge.
(Any of the photo's should enlarge with a 'click'.)
.
.
A minute later the Sun dropped from beneath the cloud.
.
.
"When the Sun goes down in a blazing ray."
......and I guess, you'll have to
put up with me for a bit longer.
(Although, Heaven only knows what I'll find to blog about)
.

Best news this year Bernard:)
ReplyDeleteThat church at Marlow bridge looks like a bit of a dead end place and I should think that the sawan has more than cold feet:)
Hooray! I would have been sorry to see you go, I always enjoy your posts.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean Bernard, I'm finding it a little hard at the moment to think of things to write about too. I seem to be going over the same stuff. My life doesn't seem to be throwing up any interesting topics. Perhaps it's the time of year. Everything is winding to an end - well it is here in Oz anyway.
ReplyDeleteI was a bit afraid you were working up to say good bye and that would be a shame. I'd miss you, we'd all miss you. All you have to do is go for a little stroll and take some lovely photos like today's and I'll be happy to follow along.
Cheers foe now
Helen
Don't do that to us again Unc, I've been holding my breath waiting for you to come back Phhhhhhhew!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have popped back to Blogland. It is hard thinking up new things all the time and very time consuming too. That's why I go quiet for days at a time too. I don't think I would just stop. Topics would come to mind sooner or later.
ReplyDeleteAnd if you can't think of anything to blog about, Bernard, just keep posting all those wonderful pictures. We really do like having you around!
ReplyDeleteIt does look cold! Glorious photos - and a swan too. In my corner, we have only black swans, although they're lovely too.
ReplyDeleteHey! I'm forgetting my manners.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for leaving me these kind comments.
My brother rang about five minutes ago.
"What's all these morbid pictures of graves for?" he inquired. What can I say? I thought the photographs were OK, well I would, I'm biased.
But...
Angus is right, that was a 'Dead End' place - but the "Two Brewers" pub is just round the corner. :)
Thanks Doohie, I'm all embarrassed now! :)
Hellen, after 650 posts, I'm really running out of new ideas. I could repeat a few oldies but that seems like cheating. It's not giving up - I'm just at a loss! :D
Helen, I'm sorry.....too many LLLLLLLL's :)
ReplyDeleteKath my friend. :D
How could I leave you there, holding your breath?
I had to come back. :)
Hi Foody, that's a good point. "Don't give up - just wait until I have a good idea!"
I may do just that. I hope Kath doesn't hold her breath!
Molly dear, I have hundreds of pictures. But I think a few words and thoughts are needed to go with them to make them more interesting.
Hi Kate:
Yes cold, but it is winter here. However, I did notice from the calendar that from next Wednesday, the days get longer! :)
Cheers all.....Bernard.
You asked for a critique on your photos so here goes ;-)
ReplyDeleteThey are all lovely, well balanced and composed. I also like the way you have captured the light both on the water and in the windows of the buildings.
There are two pictures I was itching to play around with (a different crop), as I do with my own photos after I have taken them. I will email you my very slightly edited versions, you can let me know what you think :-)
Thanks Cherie, I will send you a reply by email.
ReplyDeleteGood Evening Uncle B.,...I always love your pictures..( these are no exeptions)...and your blogposts..it seems you always find something to blog about...i have never found a blog where someone has somuch knowledge of music and organs ..i always look the music up at Youtube when you post a video and some bring back lovely memories...so please keep blogging..i sure would miss your posts too..
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely comment on my blog and i wish you a very merry Christmas too..it will be a very white and cold one over here...nothing goes anymore... plains and trains busses and ferry`s are all "grounded" untill less snowfall..so i take the advice i gave you a while ago..I stay inside with a good books....films..tv..or whatever..good food and a great drink..
Greetings Francien.
Good morning Francien,
ReplyDeleteThank you for those nice comments. When I get stuck for ideas, I often stop and ask myself "Why am I doing all this blogging, and why am I worrying about it?"
I get over it. :)
Thanks for you Christmas wishes, I hope you enjoy yourself too, and wish you all the best for 2011.
Groetjes.....Bernard.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I carry on much too long. Just wanted to offer you my very best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
ReplyDeleteThanks Claude,
ReplyDeleteComments, however long, are always welcome here.
May I too, wish you a Very Happy Christmas and Good Health and Happiness in 2011.
Cheers.....Bernard.