.
.
Here they are.
Finished Piccolo pipes.
.
.
Now I expect you wonder what they sound like.
Well they are not usually played on their own.
A piccolo is usually added just to give that extra octave higher.
I haven't had much success with sound on blogger,
but I thought I would give it another try.
If this doesn't work (or sound right) I shall
delete it.
.
.
Now someone, somewhere,
promised me Chocolate Chip Cookies,
so, it's......
"California, here I come!"
.
Well?
I 'm not sure it's quite right,
but at least you know they play!
.

I've just noticed it sounds ever so much better if you click the'mute' button at the bottom! :)
ReplyDeleteWell!! that was great I think the cookie person should come good for that..is that you in the background winding up? honestly it is very interesting reading your blog abd learning things along the way..thank you Bernard.
ReplyDeleteWell!! That made me smile.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds fine to me over here in Shropshire :-)
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!! And I'm especially impressed that you figured out how to make it work on blogspot. Do you like your cookies with or without lots of walnuts?
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing - not only being able to make the pipes but also letting us hear them. If you shut your eyes you can imagine being on a fairground merry-go-round.
ReplyDeleteThats brill bernard,It sounds like a fairground.
ReplyDeleteWOW! I love it it sounds great x x
ReplyDeleteA case of "Up your pipe" Bernard the Picolo?
ReplyDeleteMorning Carole,
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked that bit. - and yes, that was me lurking around the back.
Thanks Doohie,
And Cherie,
And Jan.
And I just love loads of walnuts!
Sylve,
I have had a bit of practice at making pipes. I had already made 67 pipes and these last 13 bring the total to 70. There were a few rejects along the way.
Hi Annette, Amy and Angus.
Glad you all liked it.
Actually, I found out this morning that two of those new pipes were in the wrong holes!
The E had swapped places with the Eb .
The ‘b’ sign had been sanded off the bottom of the pipe and so I got them mixed up. Sorted now.
I thought there was something wrong.
That should have said...57 made!
ReplyDelete13 new - now total 70.
It looks fantastic. I'll play it later, as usual.
ReplyDeleteYou made my morning! It played perfectly, in fact it was so good that husband came in to see who was playing "California Here I Come!" We loved it and were delighted to see one of your instruments in action. If I knew where you lived I would also bake you some cookies. I have been off the blog for a while because we have had so much going on. I will blog today, hopefully. Take care, Myrna
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful, just like a little carousel ride.
ReplyDelete