.
"Time by moments steals away
First the hour and then the day
Small the daily loss appears
Yet it soon amounts to years."
Where does all that time go?
'Man' has always found the Spring to be his busiest time of the year,
and it has been no exception here in my patch.
The clock for Rosie is now finished,
and will be returned on Saturday.
.
.
Greenhouse has been cleared out
and tomatoes planted up and doing champion.
.
.
The Organ has been tuned and music sorted and checked.
I was thinking of using the alternative front this year,
but the painting of the details and especially the
'rope' edging, was taking me ages!
.
.
A steady hand was needed here.
.
.
It was taking too long.
It would never be done by Saturday.
I shall have to stick with the Dutch style front
for this season.
The garden is a major consumer of my time at the moment.
Wesley thought this conifer hedge was too tall -
either that or the ladder was too short!
.
.
It will have to be lopped,
chopped,
bagged
and
binned.
.
.
"Hey up" what's that up on my neighbours roof.
Oh, it's those three ducks that Wesley was trying to
round up the other day.
.
.
They felt safer up there.
And so the last couple of weeks has been
very hectic here, to say the least.
But it looks like it's going to be
a good weekend
and......
.
.
I'm all packed up and ready for the off.
.

Nice to see that your organ is in such fine fettle Bernard the lopper, where will you be this weekend? I may pop up and visit:)
ReplyDeleteIt's a fair drive, Angus the inquisitive.
ReplyDeleteI'm up at Blakedown near Kidderminster for a 'Garden Party' (and visiting relatives of course). I haven't got any local bookings yet except Milton Keynes in October and Cookham in September. Others are still provisional. There used to be a do at 'Milestones Museum' in Basingstoke, (not too far for you)...but,
it is not on this year. :(
Sorry Angus,
ReplyDeleteI meant to say "Angus the enquirer".
Kind of you to show an interest in 'grinding' :o
Goodness, you've been busy Unc. Glad to have you back.
ReplyDeleteI did laugh at Wesley up that ladder, arent cats just the nosiest creatures!
Wasnt it MM's cat who kept going up the ladder and got "lost" in the attic?
You certainly have the vehicle packed very efficiently, you'd make a good caravanner :-)
I can see you have been very busy Bernard and those tomatoes look great. You'll have a bumper crop like you had last year.
ReplyDeleteWe're just home from our trip. I kept an eye out for you while we were staying in Great Missenden and touring around the area - especially loved Henley-on-Thames.
Hope you enjoy your weekend and it is nice and sunny for you.
Cheers
Helen
Thanks for stopping by my music blog. I looked at your collection of music, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous spring clean you have been having, I need to take a leaf out of your books ;-)
ReplyDeleteWesley looks really cute up that ladder :-)
I hope as you are packed and ready to go, I hope you have a great weekend.
Just a thought Bernard the rover, I am orf to visit some friends in Cheltenham on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteHi Kath,
ReplyDeleteI find that some mornings I spend hours on the computer and all those jobs that have stacked up during the winter, have still not been done. :(
I keep saying - I mustn’t waste so much time, especially when the weather is kind to us.
I’m afraid you have the ‘better of me’ there about MM’s cat. I have no idea who MM is! (or was?). :D
It’s funny you mentioned ‘caravanning’, as only yesterday I was talking to my brother Ade and sister Jean about me buying one. Some of these organ/steam rallies go on for several days and it would be nice stay longer.
Morning Helen,
Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday here. I have been following your blogs but I haven’t left too many comments because I guess I would go on for pages, telling you all about those places.
I went to Henley on the Tuesday that you were in this area and I’m afraid I was not in Missenden on the Sunday, but in Amersham. Glad you liked Henley. Lovely places to eat and excellent beer (Breakspear‘s) brewed locally in the town centre.
Hi Lisa,
I pop over to your patch for a read every now and then. I have not found very many blogs on music (except pop music) and yours is always very interesting. Cheers.
A late ‘Spring clean’ CherryPie.
I should have started earlier in the year with so many things getting out of hand.
A bit of rain/sunshine and the whole garden takes off!
Back now. A good ‘fun day’ out, and the weather was just right for me, not tooooo hot.
Bernard you look wonderfully organised. You have made a fantastic job of the clock! We are anything but organised here - my O/H keeps saying - 'the hedges are growing, they are, they are!' My five year old flat pack kitchen has now been been assembled awaiting work tops and Mollygolver has been pensioned off. My new blogsite is called 'someothermountain.blogspot.com' if you have a minute, would love you to drop in (not much to see, but I'm working on it)
ReplyDeleteReally really good to see you the other day x x x and loved hearing the organ plus extra pipes! x
ReplyDelete