Thursday, 21 July 2011

Sorry, sorry, sorry!

.
.
I’m sorry, sorry, sorry sorry!
I’ve dropped a Bloomer!
I’d forgotten that I had “comment moderation “ turned on,
and I missed all your comments from Sunday 17th until now.
Sorry again.
It turns on/off automatically after seven days,
and I forgot to go and look to see if any were waiting.
They’re all showing now.

I’ve been quite busy these last few weeks and have got distracted several times from trying to put a bit of a blog together. There are three in the pipeline, so to speak.
So, thanks to those like Sylve, who kept trying. Mind you, it is sometimes blogger that is playing up with error 503’s, whatever that is?
So thank you all for your comments on that NOTW post.
As Foody says, we are all getting a bit fed up with it dominating the news every day. But, the bbc is always like that. Get’s its teeth into a ’news item’ and won’t let it go.
Angus had tried four times - but was all blogger’s fault as my moderation didn’t kick in until 17th.
And Myrna tried twice - and that was my fault for it not showing. Sorry, and now I have them both! Thanks for trying again.
And thanks also to Ann, Jane and Dizzy for popping over. I hope you didn’t think I was ignoring you all.
No Monster Munch this year Foody. I was supposed to be going up to play at their school fete on Saturday but I had to cancel my trip because of the weather.

As I mentioned before, I have been to all the usual Steam Rallies and Fairs but as they were similar to the previous years I didn’t like to do them again. However, I have decided to put all the shows together into a longer slideshow with a bit of music thrown in for good measure. I’m still working on it.
Of course, last years blogs are still up if anyone wants a peep.
Marsworth steam do was here and here.

The Cherry Fair was so crowded this year it was nigh on impossible to get any interesting pictures apart from ‘walls of people‘ on all sides. Never mind, it was a huge success for the organisers. Last years Cherry Fair is here.

And of course there was Prestwood Steam Rally here and here

I did take loads of new photos at Prestwood this year, but I just haven’t found time to blog about it.
Coming up soon I hope.



7 comments:

  1. Hello Bernard, I did read your last post but did not get a chance to comment,looks like I would have been totally confused.
    I would love it if there was someone like you over here, we have an annual Big Boys Toys day and we have all the men bring their pride and joy,steam bits,cars vintage and hot rods and tractors galore also hobbies like trains etc but you would just make the day a delight sadly you are so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read the last post and didn't comment at the time. We are getting a bit about Murdock since he is an ex-Aussie.
    Our press is hammering Carbon Tax non stop and driving me insane! This whole carbon business is driving insane!! I'm like you I don't read newspapers much( except the travel section !!)
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle B, why don't you set it up so you get an automatic email from your Blog (and no-one else) when the comment is published. The email also contains the comment, so you can read it from there without trawling through your Blog.
    That way you dont miss anything.
    Your email will not be given out anywhere. I have been doing that sice I started and I am often surprised that people will comment on a post more than a year old, which I would have missed otherwise.
    Just a thought xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a silly old--------Blogger Bernard the bloomer:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Murdoch stuff is finally fading away. The only bit I found at all interesting was the cream pie!
    I know what you mean about crowds of people. Like cars, they really do spoil photos.
    I'm glad you are still getting to the rallies and fairs. Shame you had to cancel the visit to the kiddies' school. You can always get yourself a bag of Monster Munch though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole,
    I started off with no moderation on comments, but as Kath later on says, you can still get a comment on a blog which maybe years old. You will of course not know about them, so by putting ‘moderate comments on blogs over 7 days’ I was able to catch them and reply.
    I always think of old cars and traction engines as ‘Big Toys’ for very dedicated engineers. :)
    These chaps spend hours restoring and maintaining them. It’s nice to have something to ‘play’ with as you get older. :D

    Morning Helen,
    Someone wrote to papers yesterday saying he was suffering from PMT.
    “Post Murdock Tension”. :)
    I personally don’t follow any of it.
    Green taxes are a complete rip off. I have just been told my gas will go up 18% and my electric 11%. !!!!!!
    How are us pensioners going to afford price increases like that?
    Cheers. B

    Hello Kath,
    Yes I know. :D
    You have kindly mentioned it before, but I don’t really fancy having all those emails.
    I’d probably miss those as well as I keep forgetting to check my in-box.
    I have increased the time delay on moderation to 14 days and will go to the ‘dashboard’ more often. By the way - is there a quick way to check the ‘dashboard’ without having to go through ‘new post’?

    Thanks Angus. :D

    Hi Foody,
    Read my reply to Helsie (above) :D
    It was really, really crowded and full sun. A good day I suppose and better than rain.
    No two weekends are the same at the moment. One wet, one dry! I have this weekend off but I am supposed to be playing at the next one. Fingers crossed for a dry day.

    Cheers all.....Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alas no, Unc. I agree it is a nuisance not to be able to go straight there.

    ReplyDelete