With all this outrage at thieving politicians, the first bit of music that comes to mind is the poor old Thieving Magpie.
Believe it or not, this music is now available for 26 note organs.
It is a very long roll, probably the maximum you can get on a spool using the correct paper.
I say 'correct' but I mean the type of paper used by professional arrangers. It is a strong plastic material which is both waterproof and will not tear or shrink.
Amateurs have to make do with alternatives.
I personally, use the top quality fax rolls. These are sawn off at 115mm and then 'turned' down to 110mm in the lathe.
Fax roll being turned to 110mm wideIt's fascinating to watch the paper come off.....it doesn't fly all over the place like swarf, but remains there like a little 'coolie' hat.
We have just located a source of 'till' rolls which works out cheaper as they are only made from plain paper. I have heard of people making them from rolls of brown wrapping paper, lining paper or even thin wallpaper!
Now, back to Thieving MagPies.
I have no sheet music for Rossini's overture to 'La Gazza Ladra' (The Thieving Magpie) so I sign off with a ditti:-
One for sorrow,
Two for mirth,
Three for a wedding,
Four for a birth.
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret ne'er to be told.
Just how much of our money are they keeping secret?

No comments:
Post a Comment