That's me folks......can't sing!
Mind you I can't whistle in tune either.
Have you noticed that this great British tradition of whistling seems to have almost disappeared completely?
At one time everyone seemed to be whistling cheerfully and tunefully while going about their work - postmen, van drivers and deliverymen. The streets were full of warblers during the Fifties and now ......nothing.
Well not quite nothing....we have traffic noise, mp3 players, musak etc.
Of course there are many superstitions associated with whistling, I believe it was banned by coal-miners as being unlucky and also amongst some fishermen whilst on board ship
How about this old saying from up north?
A whistling woman, a crowing hen
Neither good for God nor men

Got here at last.
ReplyDeleteI have been blogging for over two years and could never do a link, and then noddy, a scottish policeman emailed to me and told me how.
What you do is this:
When you want to do a link with your site print your site name on the bloggers page as normal, and then press ctrl button and go over it. It will light up, the 'add link' will come up and you key in the blog name.
You then publish the blog and then just click on what you have highlighted to check the link was succesfull.
Hope this helps, very confusing at first. Had to keep practising, if I can find the email, will send it to you.
Thanks.
Thanks Annette, I'll have to read that several times over and practice,as you say.
ReplyDeleteYou see, I am more at home with clocks than computers.
If there is one thing that makes me cross...it's when they go and change something when it's taken you six months to get the hang of it in the first place!!!
Cheers....Bernard