Thursday, 28 October 2010

"Missing Persons"

.
Somebody missed me.
Or should I say missed my blog.

Thanks.

You see I've been sooooooo tired lately.
.
.
Since I got landed with this mighty bruise,
I haven't been able to lie on that side at night.
Every time I rolled over onto my left side....
......I woke up!

I haven't had a good nights sleep for over a week now.

But I've been busy.
.
.
Picked a load of grapes, tidied up the garden,
cleared out dead tomatoes from the greenhouse
and finished off the clock case.

Meanwhile....
.
.
Wesley has been howling for some steak mince
and
Hazel has been lounging in the
low Autumn sun.
.
.
I still have loads to do in the garden,
but do you know.....
.....the roses are are on a second flowering.

I had to leave this beauty.....
.
.
"The Last Rose of Summer."
.

11 comments:

  1. That was a bruise and a half, Bernard. Hope you're on the mend again soon. Your garden looks very impressive especially the grapes. The trees around here seemed to have changed colour all at once this week. We had some beautiful Autumn sunshine today1

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh look at those grapes! My neighbour has offered us a vine to grow up the front of the house.
    More cat pics please, I like to see waht goes on in their little kitty lives. What colour are you this week? are your green yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you didn't do more damage than a bruise. Do hope you are feeling better (and getting more sleep !!) soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those grapes look good - no wonder Hazel is looking smug. How old is she?
    Hope you're able to sleep properly again soon!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly,
    Much better thanks. My garden looks a mess at the moment, as you say everything has changed very quickly. From now on it's all 'down hill' with nothing but tidying up.
    There may be better garden pics lower down the blog? Click on my Label - 'Garden'. :)

    Kath, more kitty pics will upset my brother! He wants more boats and clocks. I'll see what I can do. :) There should be loads if you click on the Label 'Cats again'. :D
    Grapes were a bit sharp - they needed more sun. Yes, bruise has gone a greeny-yellow, and it has actually spread down behind my left knee! :(

    Helen, no, other damage, I was lucky. :)
    I'm so tired at the moment, I have a doze after lunch! I've never needed that before.

    Kate,
    The grapes look better than they tasted. You could just pick out a few juicy ripe ones to eat. The vine was here when I moved in 20 years ago. I have no idea of the variety?

    Thanks all for your good wishes. I too hope I get a good kip soon. :)
    Bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Evening Uncle B., that sure was some bruising you have there..but when its turning in to the yellow shades it is almost done and will fade...that must have hurt too!!...hope the tireness will pass soon ..thats the most annoying feeling for me...to not be able to do what you like because of it...You take care now and have a nice weekend...
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, lieve Francien,
    I am all bruised and frail and tired. :(
    But never mind I am on the mend. :)
    However, you have made me much better with you 'lieve berichtjes' here. And I had to smile at your comment at Kath's...

    "...here in our bedroom with Meisje and sometimes 2 cats on the bed too..and yes they are fleafree and clean...and if not...there is always the washingmachine..."

    Well, that is the first time I have heard of a dog and two cats in a washing machine! LOL.
    You are so kind and I'm sure you know that I am only joking. :) and :)
    Groetjes....Bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening Uncl B..i hear you. lol...love your humor.. but i did not realized that my comment on Kath`s blog could be layout like that...you gave me an idea though!!..( only joking too ofcourse)have a great Sunday..take care...groetjes Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Francien, you are such a good sport.
    Your English is 1000 times better than my feeble attempts a Dutch. I did hesitate before writing that comment - things in English can be taken two ways you see. :)
    You are very kind - I hope you enjoy your Sunday as well.
    Cheers.....Bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The roses in my part of the world are all having a second flowering too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cherie,
    Mine are not exactly 'loaded' with blooms, but it does brighten things up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete