.
Recently both Foody and Angus were asking after my Old Pussy.
so
As I've been meaning to try my hand at getting
videos up onto my blog,
I thought this might be an opportunity to
"Kill Two Birds with One Stone" as we say.
.
.
I do hope this works!
It's taken about 20 minutes to load and
Heaven knows where blogger has put it?
The file was only 39 Meg - so much for this super broadband at speeds up to 8Mb/s.
I do hope it has not gobbled up all my free storage at Picasa?
If this works,
I may have a go at filming myself topless
trying a bit of Pole Dancing!
.
And for those who like our feline friends,
there is an excellent post here today
by Kate in Australia.
.
A still from the sequence to show how it was before 'Blogger'
lowered the resolution.
Still, I don't have to pay to post up videos,
so I mustn't complain too much.

Woopeeeeeeee!
ReplyDeleteAs I was the first to play it, I may as well be the first to comment.
22 seconds needed 39 Meg. Bloggers maximum size is 100Meg - so I guess that is a max of 56 seconds of playing time.
Not really enough for an Organ Tune.
I shall have to give you a quick burst on my Banjo instead! :D
That's what you call a licking Bernard:)
ReplyDeleteNo NO NO not topless! but the pole dancing should be interesting.
Angus:
ReplyDeleteIt goes on longer than that sometimes.
Years ago she would not let him do this, but as she has got older, she has mellowed, and now really enjoys it.
Sorry about the video quality. :(
It has to be blogger reducing the resolution, as it looked much better on my PC.
Still, we "Must be grateful for small blogger mercy's!"
My God, do you understand all this stuff about Megs.
ReplyDeletebernard, I buy lots of stuff for my 'museum.
Amongst recent stuff are orchestra scores, 1930.
Marked der kleine pfiffikus (A smart little boy) There are eight of these in an enveope. I think each one is for a different instrument. He has a 'lot' of these at home. Are they of any value to anyone? he deals and is an oddity but perfectly straight.
Best wishes Ken
kenneth.stevens1@ntlworld.com
tel 01332 571670
Awww... they're sweet. And why wash yourself if a friend will help you out.
ReplyDeleteI used to think cats were daft for sitting in front of switched off heaters and looking pathetic, until I realised that they were being clever really. A person will come and turn the heater on for the poor cold little cat eventually, and they know this.
Thanks for the praise (am blushing).
Kate
You cracked it, Bernard! the video played purrfectly on my PC. I was just going to say - 'up a bit - right a bit!' but I see by your comment on the piccy below you were thinking the same thing. Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteThey are adorable :D
ReplyDeleteClever you!
ReplyDeletePerhaps a tutorial would be a good idea - then we can all film ourselves topless and pole dancing!!!
Cheers
Helen
Good morning Ken,
ReplyDeleteI’m afraid I have to try to understand a little of what I do here on this PC, as I have no children to show me what to do. It’s all a matter of ‘trial and error’, with, I have to admit, rather more of the latter.
On the question of old music. It does sell quite well on eBay and I have come across quite a few other web sites offering it for sale. But….it is only the popular music that gets sold for a reasonable price. ie. a popular singer, a well known tune or sheet music with a colourful front cover. I’m afraid orchestral works are not very popular and any that I have come home with in a ’job lot’ I have bought, I have ended up giving them to Oxfam, as they have specialist book shops selling sheet music.
Kate:
My cats do quite a bit of ‘just sitting’. They will sit and stare at an empty plate (wanting more food), they will sit by, and stare at, the front door (wanting the front garden), but I haven’t yet to find them sitting by a turned off fire.
Molly:
It was only a test run you see. I though to myself “What subject shall I use”, especially as I could only upload a maximum of 56 seconds. I was hoping to record some Organ tunes, but I have none that short. Most tunes play for about 3 minutes.
Kath:
Yes, very true, but you can’t train them like you can a dog, can you. I have to admit preferring cats, as they are not so boisterous about the house as dogs. I think I could just about manage with a nice old retired greyhound that could take me out for walks! :D
Helen:
Thank. It’s all a matter of ‘trial and error’ or perhaps more a case of ‘suck it and see’!
It worked eventually but I was not really impressed with the picture quality. I expect blogger reduces the number of pixels to make it fit. I need to read up on it more.
If I find a tutorial, I shall let you know.
It looks like they are both enjoying that :-)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you figured the uploading out.
Well, I guess Hazel enjoyed it Cherie.
ReplyDeleteBut Wesley? He looks as if he is getting mouthfuls of fur!
It's still not quite right though is it?
I now resize my stills before loading, but I have no idea what to do about movies.
Perhaps I need to do something on the camera to reduce the frame size?
There are programs that will change the file format so it is reduced before it is uploaded.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure if one is available free, maybe picassa or blogger have a help subject on it?
I can't wait to see it, but not here. Roll on Friday! I should be working at home then because I am away on one of those courses again on Thursday. Will give a proper comment then.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cherie, as I said, it was only a first go and I intend to read up on it.
ReplyDeleteOf course, as a pensioner, all these S/W bits need to be free. :)
Evening Foody,
Don't get too excited.....it's only Wesley giving Hazel a good licking! There is no sound, and it only plays for about 20 secs.
Once I've mastered this, I may go for a blog with sound!
On the top right of my keyboard is a speaker mute button. Press that - no sound!
A blog with sound! Can we email our requests? Actually, if your blog had sound, I'd get caught reading it at work. So never mind.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, but you beat me to it Jan. :)
ReplyDeleteWay back in May, Bob video'd you in your kitchen making Mexican food to take into work the next day. The only problem was - he was holding the camera on its side!
I know what your request would be. :)
It was thanks to ABBA that I found your blog all those months ago. Unfortunately, I don't have any ABBA music on the organ or on CD. There is an organ roll I could buy, but I have been told it is not very good. :(
Cheers.....Bernard
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry, I thought I had already commented. Sometimes I whizz off elsewhere before doing word verification and it gets lost.
Thanks quite alright Foody. :)
ReplyDeleteI just thought that, as you were asking after Hazel, I would put her in the 'limelight', so to speak.
Glad you like it. :)