.
I promise not to go on too much about my computer problems,
but I have no idea that WISIWYG - “What I see, is what you get” !
As I said, I have saved and recovered all my data,
BUT all programs have had to be re-installed from discs
or downloaded from the web and installed again.
I first installed most programs in 2007/08,
and of course the versions I now load up,
have hundreds of new “bells and whistles” which need turning off.
Nearly every page is in a different font and size.
It’s a right “dogs breakfast” here at the moment.
Right. Enough said.
On with the show.
I'm using ’Times New Roman’ height 12.
What ends up on blogger, heaven only knows?
This post is a reply to all those kind souls who left me nice comments last Thursday/Friday.
Thank you all.
Actually is was quite funny last week when the ‘help desk’ asked me to
“un-plug your peripherals”.
.
.
I said, "I'll call back in half an hour!"
Jan will be pleased to know that I have not hammered or smashed anything,
and Francien will be pleased to know,
that I have paid a visit to PC World and purchased an external hard drive.
I now have a “Terrabyte” lurking somewhere down there in that “can of worms“.
Angus kindly informed me of this.
A "Terror Bite" eh?
Reminded me of this Birthday card I got last September.
.
.
and inside...
.
.
And talking of Birthdays and pussies....
....Hazel was nineteen on Wednesday.
.
.
Hazel would thank you all,
for all those Birthday greetings if she could get hold of my mouse,
but being an old lady now she doesn’t jump up onto anything.
However she tucked into her Birthday treat,
after I’d picked her up onto the top of the freezer,
(her favourite ‘in-place’).
.
.
She left some for me.
My post for Easter got lost this time,
but here’s a link to last years so you don’t feel left out,
although I did have a vague plan in mind with these pictures.
.
.
Fields all around here are a mass of yellow flowers.
Sometimes Primroses, usually Dandelions,
but this one near Beaconsfield,
was a mass of Cowslips.
.
.
And there in the middle.
.
.
An Easter Bunny!
Enjoy your May Day everyone.
Cheers........Bernard
..

Let's hope that after May Day all your problems will be behind you, and I trust that's not tempting fate! What a lovely spaghetti junction of wires...
ReplyDeleteHazel looks as if she's enjoying her birthday lunch, lucky lady to own such a thoughtful cook.
Good Afternoon sir...good for you that external hard drive!!...it would be a disaster when you would loose your wunderful pictures.. musik etc...and could not show us anymore.. hope your problems will be over...
ReplyDeleteHazel looks adorable...she would not be that "old"..if she was not taken good care off..it shows..lucky girl Hazel...
You have a wunderful sunday! groetjes Francien.
Thankyou Uncle. I must say you that's a juicy-looking plump bird on top of your freezer (if only, I hear you sigh).
ReplyDeleteHope the birthday girl had a lovely day.
Thanks for my giggle for the day! It's nice to start out with a laugh!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, always good for making us smile,thanks bernard have a great holiday day.
ReplyDeleteHappy one hundred and a bit Hazel, and many more:)
ReplyDeleteOh you have more patience than me with the computer!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to hazel bless her.
These things do take time, but I am glad you are getting it sorted out even it is slowly.
ReplyDeleteAfter my internet problems last week, my blog has gone down this week... Hopefully it will be restored to working order tomorrow.
My theory about having a lot of memory in your computer is that it would make me collect more stuff than I needed, make it harder to back things up, and make an even bigger mess if I had a problem with the hard drive. But then I got a digital camera and started filling my computer with pictures. My first Mac only had 100 mb of memory, that would be about 20 pictures today. Yet I could do everything I needed to do on that machine. It's irritating that program updates seldom make programs better, it just makes them bigger with more of the bells and whistles you mentioned.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your dear old girl, what a tribute to your wonderful job as a cat caretaker.
Good morning all.
ReplyDeleteFirstly, may I apologize for not getting round to all of your blogs. I will try to get back into my usual routines ASAP. I’ve also got emails stacking up to reply to, but the good news is I haven’t lost any. (that I know of).
Hi Sylve;
That pile of wires only sees the light of day when I pull the desk out. I made that computer desk with a huge cavity underneath to house all that ‘spaghetti’.
Goedemorgen Francien;
Yes, a lovely big hard drive for all my music and pictures. It is filling up nicely.
I have never thought of Hazel as a ‘beautiful’ cat. She has strange markings but a wonderful personality to make up for it. She is very intelligent, in cat IQ, and we manage to communicate very well with each other.
Hi Kath;
Yes, a plump bird, with ‘meaty thighs’! :D
I don’t think she knew it was a special day. I find it hard to believe it was nineteen years ago that she came here as a kitten, two months after I moved to Bourne End.
She was actually born in Hayes, Middlesex. One of four females, and now the sole survivor.
Hello Donna:
He, he, he! You liked my Birthday card then. :D
As they say - “Laugh and the world laughs with you”.
Hi Carole;
ReplyDeleteThanks, well all had a great day. It’s been nice and sunny here for weeks now, although there is a cool east wind this morning.
Morning Angus,
Hazel would thank you, but she is busy licking herself in ‘private places’ at the moment after leaving me a ‘present’ in her litter box!
Hi Annette,
I get a bit frustrated at times, but us engineers stick at it, until it’s fixed.
A touch of ’Robert Bruce and the spider’ - “If you don’t succeed at first, try, try again.”
Cherie;
Time! Yes, it has taken me days to get this sorted. Just when you think you have got it cracked, up pops another problem. At the moment everything on the screen is soooooooo small, even the error messages are in tiny boxes!!! Sorry I haven’t been round the blogs for days. Must get sorted and catch up on friends.
Hello Jan;
We used to have a saying at work that “A job expands to fill the time available!”
It is probably the same with data and hard drives. I bought this HD though for speed of back-up and recovery, as well as security. I have been backing up to DVDs and it takes ages. I recovered all my data from them, but it took ages to restore it all. The external hard drive is exceedingly quick. The extra storage is just a bonus for me. I doubt if I’ll use it. I’m a person, who only keeps what I need. (in the computer data line).
Cheers all....and thanks, Bernard
Thats interesting Unc, there's another connection there, I used to live in Hayes. I think you did a post about Ealing once, I worked there for a while, in "The Mall", not far from the common.
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Birthday, Hazel! She is so cute!
ReplyDeleteLoved the flowers. All the way on a long motorway journey on Thursday/Friday and on Monday, we saw cowslips, cowslips, cowslips all over the embankments.
Cute bunny too!