Sunday, 12 June 2011

There’s nothing I want to write about.

.
"As a blog reader, I like it when the writer contributes something almost every day.
As a writer, I’ve found that’s not easy.
Some days are just blah and there’s nothing I want to write about."
.
Now there is probably only one person who will recognise those lines above.
They were written on Saturday 7th June 2008.

You see I love to go back and see what my friends were writing about all that time ago,
before I even thought of starting my own blog.
It is very interesting to click on June 2007, June 2008,
to read what were the 'hot topics' at that time in other peoples lives.
The lines above, sum up how I feel at the moment.
"Blah, and there's nothing I want to write about."
I go to Thame market on a Tuesday.
I've done that umpteen times.
I go to Henley, I go to Wallingford and Cliveden.
I'm not bored by these places, but I may be repeating myself,
and from a readers point of view, this can be boring.
As my brother says - " Oh no. Not cats again!"

You saw my garden last year, and the year before.
The Mulberries are fruiting, but I showed those
last year - and the year before.

So I'm not going to repeat myself with my mundane weekly doings,
and I'm thinking very hard for new topics.

It may seem quiet around here at the moment, but I can assure you,
there is plenty going on. Well there would be if the rain stopped!

Yesterday was Bourne End Fete.
Today was Marlow Town Regatta. (a washout I should think).
I was going to Amersham to listen to Summer Band Concerts.
I didn't - as I expect it was cancelled due to rain.

So here I sat, browsing old blogs from around the world for ideas.
Did I get any? Well not really -
except the idea for this one -


Thanks Jan.
.

6 comments:

  1. Bernard - I think we all get a touch of blogging blues from time to time! I know exactly what you're saying about repeat blogs and I wonder how my people will be riveted by black flies on my broad beans for another year running :( The thing about blogging, I think is that it's great getting to know people through the things they write and for me it's a way of keeping in touch with people I like to be with. I enjoy reading your blogs and look forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that new readers are seeing the mulberries fruiting for the first time and cats are never boring. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernard, I seem to recall a photo you posted...back a year or two...of your tomato plants growing through the greenhouse roof.

    If I'm not imagining it could you link me back to that post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. If I don't stop blathering on about England I'm going to lose my followers and people who I would really miss will stop visiting my blog so I'm a bit like you - casting around for something interesting to post about.
    Pity about the rain but everyone was complaining about the lack of it when we were there!
    Cool here ..... but nice.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Bernard I think even when you think you have nothing to write about somehow you make it interesting..you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never think to check back what I've written. Maybe I should, so I don't repeat myself so often. I think June is a sleepy month, and I'm going to stick to that excuse for anyone who complains when I'm a lazy blogger.

    I need to know where to send your box of cookies, Uncle B. Is there a way to send me an address offline? Or here, use my work email, I won't have it after the end of the month anyway: jjames@scoe.net.

    ReplyDelete