.
My word, I've been busy this week!
It was Prestwood Steam Rally this weekend just gone,
and boy was it hot.
I'm glad I wasn't driving or stoking those traction engines.
I was going to post up a few pics for you,
but as I went last year and the year before,
and
did blogs about them both.....
.....it was very difficult to find something
new and interesting.
However, following on from my last post,
and reading how much you liked the Amersham 'Movie',
I thought I would have another go.
In my music collection, I have loads of 'Comedy Songs',
and I have always fancied having a go
at putting a few pictures along with the tune.
So, here is my first go.
.
.
"The Marrow Song."
Now I have to admit,
it was impossible to get loads of pictures of Marrows,
(unless I went to Welshpool)
without the whole thing becoming a wee bit boring.
So, using editors licence,
I have included a few extra 'Beauties'!
(Like all my videos it should
enlarge to full screen if you like.)
"Oh! What a Beauty"
.
.
As the much missed Fred Dibnah would have said :-
"Did ye like that?"
.

Not such great precision as I hoped!
ReplyDeleteMovie maker does not check for errors.
I missed the 'n' off 'seen' and I also miss typed 'Kenneth'.
Hey ho! no one's perfect. :)
ooh err! :-)
ReplyDeleteLol O'h Bernard you cheeky old fella, that was so funny,I almost got Mum up to look at the veggies when the "Bums" appeared,not quite ready for her to gasp for breath at 5am lol.I loved it please don't let that be the last.
ReplyDeleteI've said it before, but you are a wag Uncle Bernard x
ReplyDeleteI got a bit carried away with all that and posted my comment on the previous one. Lol
ReplyDeleteNaughty, naughty !!
ReplyDeleteLots of fun. Still want a tutorial.
Cheers
Helen
Those butts may be beauties, but they are not big.
ReplyDeleteWe always like the posts and pictures so I wouldn't worry about the same events year to year. I've gone on about my annual walk and tea on my blog.
ReplyDeleteAre giant veg as tasty as normal sized ones?
Nothing to beat a good steam rally - loved the Marrow song and the cheeky video - not sure about the bums - but oh well !! - thanks for visiting my blog - do call again
ReplyDeleteHa! Ha! A mixed reaction - but it’s only a bit of fun, isn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteMy granny used to say “Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.”
You see, I’m a great fan of the late Ronnie Barker. This is the sort of thing he did.
Never went too far - humour without vulgarity.
As Helen said “Naught, naughty.”
Yes, just like cream cakes, naughty but nice.
Thanks for all those comments. It’s nice to know you care.
I like being a ‘cheeky chappie’ as that compares me with another of my favourites - Max Miller. Thanks Carole and Doohie.
I’m not sure though, if being a ‘wag’ is good or bad? I’ll take it as a compliment Kath. :D
Are you growing marrows Molly? You must show us. (I found your comment)
Helen, I’m working on a tutorial right now. I may post it up for you on Tracker-bar instead.
Jan, I really don’t know! I haven’t seen that many ladies butts so it is difficult to compare sizes. :O
I’ll still put up the pictures I took Foody - it’s knowing what to say about them that is the problem.
I’m sure large fruit and veg don’t taste all that good. I have always found that small fruits/veggies are sweeter and have concentrated flavour. Large veggies go all tough and woody.
Hello Jane. Thanks for coming over. There have been loads of steam rally blogs here in the past. This is my busy time of the year. You’ve just dropped in on one of my ’silly’ moments. Glad you enjoyed it. I found your blog from our friend Molly.
Cheers all....Bernard.
Uncle B - my marrows are growing, yes! They're very titchy though at the moment. We have a local village Flower and Veggie show here in September. If they don't shame me, I might venture an entry! My naughty Other Half keeps replaying your video - can't think why???
ReplyDelete