
I am told that choral singing is not only fun, but that it also offers an antidote to stress, illness and depression.
I may be able to read music, play various instruments and arrange music for the street-organ, but ...sing....I cannot!
The cats will leave the room if I try.
I must be the only person that can change key eight times in eight bars! And I am not referring to the bars found in public houses.
It appears that a Professor Graham Welch, of the University of London, has done extensive research into singing and its health benefits.
"When you sing, you breathe in a different way so you use more of your total lung volume. This means there's a tendency to increase the airflow so your blood is more oxygenated. When that happens, you are more alert. Singing also exercises the cardio-vascular system, and gives you the kind of hormonal release that comes from being focused on a task and enjoying that task at the same time."
Again I wonder how somebody managed to get funding for this "extensive research". It seems pretty obvious to me.
He goes on to say "In the current economic climate, choirs offer an inexpensive way to get a natural high. From church groups to karaoke bars, belting out a hymn or a popular hit is a quick way to lift the spirits."
"Lift the spirits" .....Well I raise my glass to that!!

Oh dear. I didn't comment on this when I should have. I think the post must have been put on on a day when I didn't go online and maybe I wasn't online the next day or the next. Or if I was, it may have been one of those days when I try to comment but it won't let me because I haven't gone to this site via my own, and that is the only way I can put a comment on. I may have meant to come back by that route, and forgot, or thought I had. Or maybe I stupidly went in again but again not via my own blog and again meant to return. Or maybe I thought I had.I may not have noticed that my comment hadn't been saved for moderation. Whatever.... I'm sorry!!!
ReplyDeleteNow this sounds like a 'Legal'
ReplyDeleteget-out clause!!
I forgive you.