Wednesday, 3 February 2010

"I'm Calling You-oooooooooooo"

.
.
I suppose one day I'm going to have to upgrade my phone link.
This one obviously finds 8Mb a bit of a strain.....and it's been so reliable up till now.

Well we had a bit of 'phone' music the other day - "I'm calling you". That was not the same song with the "you-ooooooooooooo" in it, as Francien suggested.

Today I've dug into my postcard collection and found a four card set based on the song "Hello! My Dearie". They date from the 1914-18 War. I'm not sure soldiers did manage to call home but that is what the song was about - "Hello, give me somewhere in France"!
To save me typing all the words out - a click on the pictures will give a larger view.
.
.
Card (1)

.
.
Card (2)

.
.
Card (3)

.
.
Card (4)

I love that curly wire with the word 'Hello' in it.
Lets hope our wires don't get too crossed today, yesterday was a pain. Mind you it's not properly sorted is it? I bet it is something to do with that Java update I had over the weekend.
Never mind I always have my very up-to-date, state-of-the-art Mobile to fall back on if the lines go down!
.
.
I love Vintage.....don't you?

.
My mother, I’m told was a telephone girl,
They were married one day in September.
Of children, it’s true, they arranged to have two,
But mother gave dad the wrong number!
.

2 comments:

  1. I had a mobile like that for years (one of my sons cast-offs). It was known as "the brick". I do like your old style wooden phone, it is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never bought a mobile....that was given to me when my friend bought a new one. It still works, although I don't expect to be able to get a replacement battery anymore.

    ReplyDelete