.

.
Red Roses for a Blue lady......maybe
but how about this?
"Red wine tastes better when sipped under red or blue lights"
Most wine-lovers need little excuse to enjoy their favourite drink, but I read that....
"If they down a glass in a room with blue or red ambient lights, it can taste even better than usual."
German researchers found the link after giving drinkers the same bottle of wine in rooms with different lighting.
The same wine was perceived as being nearly one-and-a-half times sweeter in red light than in white or green light.
Its fruitiness was also most highly rated in red light.
And it doesn't end there.......
Even more researchers found that those who wear red tops, jackets or clothing score 10 per cent more in any competition than if they were in another colour.
Experts believe that red could make individuals and teams feel more confident as well as being perceived by others as more aggressive and dominant.
In 2004 scientists at Durham University also looked at how colour influenced sporting competitiveness.
All this waste of money......it's enough to make you see xxx!
And for something completely different....
An out of work Irishman knocks at the door of a smart house, looking for odd jobs.
“Tell you what,” says the owner.
“Take this can of red paint and paint the porch."
"You’ll find it at the side of the house.”
After an hour, the man knocks on the door again. “I finished the job,” he says, handing back the can and gratefully accepting £20.
“But you made a mistake — it’s not a porch, it’s a Mercedes.”
.

What a strange bit of research that was! I think they just wanted and excuse to drink wine ;-)
ReplyDeleteInteresting, Bernard.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what sort of light the white wine drinkers should aim for...
Very interesting. I must bear that in mind.
ReplyDeleteResearchers also discovered that a red placebo pill was perceived to be more powerfully effective than a white one.
ReplyDeleteI love red - orange red - not blue red (if you know what I mean). It's so warm and comforting so there might be something in all that research, Bernard.
ReplyDeleteAs an aside... but still linked to visual perception ... ... ... Hubby was a smoker and he always said there was no pleasure to be gained from smoking in the dark because he couldn't see the smoke. xx
I can go with that..a nice glass of chilled Moscato a the end of a Summer day in the glowing red of a sunset.
ReplyDeleteFunny the things they spend research money on!
Cherie: I’m beginning to believe that ALLresearch is strange! They seem to have money to burn. Of course I tend to pick on the unusual/silly bits.
ReplyDeleteValerie, I think it applied to all wines but more so in the case of red.
Hi Foody. Which bit? The wearing of red or the drinking of red?
Is that why horse riders in competitions wear red coates?
Kath: Now I would have thought a red pill gave the impression of danger! Come to think of it I have never seen a red pill…..I think they are banned in case children mistake them for Smarties.
Well Mrs S, red is certainly at the warm end of the spectrum. I expect you are a ‘warm’ and cheerful person. Although, my favourite colour for clothing is blue, but I’m sure (well I hope) I’m not a ‘cold’ character.
Hi Liz: They do a lot of research into colour for marketing, especially food. I expect all the money for this comes from industry.