Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Trouble at t'Mill

.
.
A little bug?

I'm having trouble in leaving comments on all my friends blogs.
Sorry about this. If click 'Preview' or 'Publish' nothing happens except I get a little entry in the bottom left hand corner saying 'Javascript:Void(0)
I don't know what to do about it....except apologise to you for being unable to comment.
I've tried reloading a new version of Jarvascript, but still no joy.

Any ideas?

I can comment on my own blog OK.....I don't need word verification.....I wonder if it is something to do with that?

I've now gone and forgotten what todays post was all about as well.
What a start to the day!

Just left Kath a comment OK ...but Grumpy Ken failed and poor Mrs S failed.
So what is the difference????
.
UPDATE 7:15

This is a pain in the bum, is it not?
So using Chrome I can comment on blogs that don't use pop up comments. ie Kath
Using Explorer I can. ie Ken and Chrissy.
I can leave comments on DD.....but she can't reply.
I left comments with Angus (with e-mail address?).
It's not me DD honest......xx

I blame the Labour government!

I don't mind changing my comment layout to the same way as Kath.....perhaps I'll try that.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm clueless but someone will know. Was that you who appeared on my blog as anonymous and comment ccc? I've been pondering what ccc was and presumed its rude. Hope you get sorted out, I'm sure you will.

    ps hope its not my end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't know. I'm hopeless with computers. I'm sure somehow it'll get sorted and in the meantime we won't take the huff and desert you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kippers

    have you tried-settings, comments, "anyone can comment" ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people have altered their commenting section so that it shows underneath the post.
    This commenting system is run on javascript which you clearly don't have installed on the computer you are using at the time...so you are unable to comment. Javascript is often banned on some networks as a matter of course. Well I think that is the problem ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.pdf-format.com/?PID=1a4e9fc6-a68f-45a7-8861-0d3ebf2b2468&msg4=PDF+Reader+9.0&gclid=CKKerr_y058CFUmK3godAVtScQ

    Try going to this site i put up first and download where it says download now Uncle B.. its free..maybe it will help..if you have dowloaded all you have to close your blog first and restart to see the result..
    good luck
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kippers

    Some answers from Blogger help:

    Woohoo - Great news everyone!!! For those of you who are having inexplicable problems posting on Blogger.com (like I have for the last month) Change the settings to a popup window for posting comments. It works, I just posted to my own blog, something I haven't been able to do since day one.

    I faced the same problem too. I think the problem is under the settings for comments, in Comment Form Placement section, I chose Embedded below post. When I change to Full page, it worked, but not the ideal way I want to see...

    You pays your money.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my Blog set for "commenting section so that it shows underneath the post."
    As your comment was successful, it can't be that.
    I will ask Husband, he is the IT expert in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading all your comments....and thank you.
    I am also not changing too many things all at once. I have dropped the pop-up comments bit and gone for the same version as Kath (comments below the blog). Let's try this and see.
    ROF but not L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woopeeee. Welcome back DD.
    Well that's one small step for blogger, one giant leap for Kipper!
    Now.....I have to sort out why I cannot comment on blogs that have pop-up boxes (except by using Explorer rather than Chrome.)
    However I have found this......
    "Google Chrome requires Java 6 Update 12 or greater (Java 6u12+), as indicated in the Google Chrome Help Center. The Chrome browser is new and not officially supported by Sun for Java 6. We at Sun are working hard to add support for Chrome as soon as possible, and we expect to announce support in the near future. Please check back for updates."
    "Double-Dutch" to me!
    (No offence to any Dutch readers)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Godd Luck!I personally dislike Chrome and got rid..the mysteries of life with technology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to all for your help and advice.
    I will do one thing at a time so I can see the effect.
    I had a Java update over the weekend. Not knowing anything about it I just carried on.
    Commenting via IE seems to work alright although I keep getting those irritating little boxes that KEEP asking me if I want to display 'non-secure items'.
    I also get...on trying to read comments 'Pop-up blocked'. This is not too bad for regular sites because you can always allow pop-ups, but all this faffing about is why I don't use IE and prefer Chrome (until yesterday).
    If anyone has been left out or I haven't responded, please forgive....it's none of it intentional.

    ReplyDelete