.
Wesley was tapping on the bedroom window yesterday morning, so I rolled over to get a peep at the clock ….. And rip, I ended up with a large tear around the arm ‘ole of my pyjamas.
Ah well, I suppose I’ve had them ten years at least!
I was going up to ASDA that morning for my weekly shop so I thought I’d see what “George” had to offer.
Well to get to the men’s ware requires a weaving around the aisles of women’s bits - not tucked discretely away - but all hanging out on little hangers. There was a day when bras and knickers were all sold in nice little boxes. I wonder how women feel about having their new choice of undies waived about at the checkout whilst looking for the barcode?
Anyway, I found the pyjamas. All in boxes and packets, like the vests and underpants.
Now I wonder why us men get a box thrown in?
.

.
Well the label on the box said ‘Pyjamas’, or was it ‘Sleepware’, I can’t remember now. However as they were all nicely boxed up, you couldn’t see them properly, except through a little plastic window in the front.
Then I noticed a little T shirt and a pair of shorts on the side of the box.
Short sleeved pyjamas? And with boxer shorts?
I wanted to sleep in them not play football.
It’s true…..all the ‘sleepware’ they sold was like this, some, I assume in the football team colours.
Oh well, looks as if I shall have to go back to M&S again to get long sleeves and full length legs.
And on the subject of Marks, did you know that once upon a time they sold music?
I’ve got around ten songs I think.
All fairly plain - like my pyjamas
You can see an earlier post about the music here.
The Pajama Game is a musical based on the novel “7 ½ Cents” by Richard Bissell.
It features a score by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross. The story deals with labour troubles in a pyjama factory, where worker demands for a seven-and-a-half cents raise are going unheeded. In the midst of this ordeal, love blossoms between Babe, the grievance committee head, and Sid, the new factory superintendent.
The original Broadway production opened on May 13, 1954, and ran for 1,063 performances. It was revived in 1973, and again in 2006 by The Roundabout Theatre Company. The original production won a Tony for Best Musical, and the 2006 Broadway revival won a Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical. The musical is a popular choice for community group productions.
Now here's a good idea.
Buy one pair and share with a friend.
.

.
I bag's the trousers!
Have a good weekend....it looks dry and sunny.

Once upon a time women's clothes were always 'upstairs' no matter which store was used. I never could understand that. As for having undies flaunted whilst barcodes are sought, I wouldn't worry... the undies get flaunted a lot when they're worn. I suppose you've noticed!
ReplyDeleteMen's sleep ware has certainly changed, Hubs is now in Calvin Klein PJs, which consists of a white tee and very colourful long bottoms. Actually, they're rather nice... heehee
I wonder if ladies "under-pinnings" are still known as "Lingerie"? I like to choose mine in relative privacy! Recently, my Mum and her friend were agog at one of the "exotic" underwear outfits in the shop window next to their bus stop, when a van pulled up at the lights and there were shouts of "Hey, get that one love!" and "That'd suit you", from the workmen within.
ReplyDeleteThe widowed pensioners were initially mortififed, but saw the funny side of it :D
Good evening Uncl B...
ReplyDeleteWell..there was a time when i was happy to "wave" about my new lingerie at the check-out..it was in a color and size back then that made the sales lady very jealous...now i wish they were in little boxes like your new pyama's without the big sizes and a big copy of the model on it...thank goodness there is always ordering online for me now...
have a nice weekend too...its raining terrible here...
And as for your questions in your comment on my blog. ( thank you) ..the mosaic is 45x 50 cm and is a wallhanging now...because the tile in the middle stands out a bit...its one of the "oldfasioned"tiles they put in kitchens to break the solid colors and you see them still in Spain or Italy ..so you can't get anything to stand on it..just on the sides of that..can be used as a decoration table top though...its made on waterproof 1 1/2 inch thick wood...and stained to hang outside too..like to make these..
Hope you sleep well in your new pj's..greetings Francien.
Here we coyly call it 'intimate apparel' and the young like to wave it around and don't care about the checkout chick unless he's male and then it depends on their and his age.Old girls like me are past caring, not about how it looks but who sees at the checkout.Now if you really want to go into a area of embarassement(where's the spellcheck?) for some women, go into the personal hygiene aisle.
ReplyDeleteHope you get this sorted Bernard, comfort is everything.
Good morning Valerie:
ReplyDeleteI remember as a lad being taken ‘upstairs’ in Lewis’s and Grey’s. (Birmingham).
They had those lifts with the criss-cross doors so that you see out. No self-service, a lift driver called out all the contents of the next floor. Us boys always laughed at “Ladies underwear - Going down”.
(We were only around five or six at the time)
I don’t mind ‘two tone jimmies‘, but I do insist on long sleeves.
Hi Kath:
Now that is a good old fashioned word, ‘under-pinning’.
I haven’t heard that word since I watched Ronnie Barker in “Clarence”.
Did you see it? The short sighted removal-man.
Francien, good morning.
I haven’t actually bought any new pyjamas yet ....it means going off to a Marks & Spensers ...which I hate. I hate shopping for clothes. I shall probably do what you do, and get them from a catalogue ...although I am informed I can get them online now from M&S.
I know the tiles you mean - I have seen them in Italy. I have seen these tiles used on ‘Tea-trays’ but of course they can make it quite heavy.
I hope the mosaic tiles don’t drop off when they get wet. (hanging outside).
Hi Liz:
I wouldn’t dream of going to areas of embarrassment !
Actually, I don’t find many people get embarrassed about anything these days.
Anything goes……as they say.
And...Liz,
ReplyDeleteWhat do you make of this....???
Australian underwear company AussieBum...
...new eco-friendly banana range of undies.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE62410R20100305
Cheers....Bernard
Oh Unc, until you mentioned it, I had forgotten about Clarence. He and his lady friend lived in the most divine cottage in the country and had a real cottage garden. I wish they'd show that series again, I loved it.
ReplyDeleteMorning Sir...my mosaics "survived" many a winter and sommer for that matter... no one is broken yet after several years outside in somethimes extreme cold like this year and very hot summers hanging in the sun....i use a special grout for outside too..and seal them...
ReplyDeletehave a nice day..enjoy lunch....its sunny here but very cold...greetings Francien.
Kath:
ReplyDeleteI managed to record the series on video. Their cottage was black corrigated iron if I remember correctly. I shall have to dig it out....it's about time I watched it again.
Francien:
That is good news. How strong they must be.
Sunny and cold here too.