.
I have been asked by family members,
how the clock repairs are coming on.
I had a bit of a rest last week,
but I am now back 'on track'.
.
.
Fitting the new side doors was quite a challenge.
The doors 'lay on' the surface in order to cover any gaps.
This meant raising the hinge pivot point
up to the surface of the door.
I cut off a small section with a razor saw,
and glued it to the case sides.
.
.
Fitted new hinges.
.
.
And there you are!
The colour match isn't brilliant, but...
It may do, (or not).
The whole case could be rubbed down and re-polished.
.
.
Little door catches for the side doors...
and
A nice little catch for the bottom door.
.
.
This is an 'olde catch' from another case.
.
.
And so "I rest my case" m'Lad"
.

Oh I love old clocks and I love seeing what you do in your workshop Unc. My Dad used to potter about and make little novelties, invent ingenious little "fixes" for things and repair anything we thought was un-saveable. That's why I love to see your workshop, it reminds me of childhood days, standing inside the door, watching him at work.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kath,
ReplyDeleteI'll do a 'Workshop' post perhaps?
Mind you, it's not everyone's 'cup of tea', which is why I did two posts on the same day. :)