Monday, 26 October 2009

Yawwwwwn....

.
Today will be the most unproductive day of the year, according to a survey, as workers' morale is hit by the darker evenings brought on by the clock change.
''The Winter Blues” are no joke.
''They can affect your work performance by making you unable to concentrate and carry out your normal routine”
''Feeling low as the nights draw in and the days get shorter is something many people experience, but some will struggle with lack of motivation, tiredness and depression.”

Yawwwwwn….

Zzzzzzzzzzz.....
.
.

8 comments:

  1. I hate the fiddling with the clocks, it takes me ages to readjust. My friends husband who is a farmer, says it makes to difference to him anyway, as he gets up when it's light, no matter what the clock says. Apparently it is a larger problem for his dairy heard, no-one puts their clocks back and they come down waiting to be fed and milked at their "normal" time. He has to adjust their routine 15mins a week, for 4 weeks, to bring them in line with the change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one it seems.
    I think nearly every blog I have looked at today seems glum and is having a moan. Being retired I 'free-wheel' a bit for weeks after this trauma, keeping in time with the cats demands. After all they are in charge in this house.
    Cheers.....Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember the practise run of not changing the clocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I do. I would support it whole-heartedly now though.
    I only used to stick strictly to changing when I had a train to catch to London.
    I do remember reading about 'Double Summer Time'....in the middle of summer we were 2 hours away from GMT.
    Fancy changing four times a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like the dark evening but it was my managers who messed up my routine today LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that Cherie. I hope Tuesday turns out better for you.
    I bet you'd like to swap with me...I'm off for a day in Henley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't change until this upcoming weekend. It's not so much the change that bothers me. It's that it signifies the coming of long, cold months. Of course we had so little in the way of a summer this year. Dreariness continues...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheer up Deb.....just think that the winter is a good time for all those 'indoor downstairs' jobs (pianola). I have just bought nine 40metre rolls of Fax paper for staying in the warm and arranging next years tunes.
    I know it's not Christmas yet but at the moment I'm working on "Jingle Bell Rock". (for 26 note organ).

    ReplyDelete