.

.
My brother was telling me that they had gales in Wales and several boats had been badly damaged. He has his boat moored in the same area and was a little concerned about its safety.
I too have been a bit concerned this week about the weather. Wind and rain do not go well with outdoor Organ Grinding.
I was due to play at Blakedown Fete on Saturday and after a few showers on the journey up in the morning, the day brightened up and 'Mr Sun' came to my rescue.
.
.
This was to be my first 'official' outing and I was hoping everything was going to be OK.
Had I forgotten anything?
Had anything shaken loose?
Needn't have worried - everything seemed alright.
.
.
I had a good pitch, right opposite the main arena, so managed to watch all the events without leaving the organ unattended.
.
.
A grinders eye view. (actually I was having a sit-down)
At one stage they thought it might be a good idea to try and amplify the sound from the organ.
He taped the 'mike' to the top and it played out through the PA system.
I have no idea if it sounded OK?
Standing behind the organ, I could only hear the real thing.
.
.
Later in the afternoon, my sister and Dave turned up with two exceedingly friendly hounds.
I think she said they were called Jack and Holly - they came from a 'Dog Rescue' place.
"Sit"
.
.
Tiring work!
.
.

Lovely pictures.
ReplyDeleteThanks Annette,
ReplyDeleteIt turned out a lovely day as well. :)
I took quite a few pictures and it's always a hard choice to decide which ones to publish here. I must have hundreds from previous "do's" cluttering up my hard drive! :(
Great pictures, Bernard, especially the first one. Hubs and I studied it in detail, admiring all the extra touches, ... needless to say, he was very impressed.
ReplyDeleteOh those Lurchers Jack and Holly look like cousins of our 2! Sounds like you had a fab day Unc, did you have to set up all the wonderful bunting, tent and flowers? No wonder you needed 40 winks.
ReplyDeleteThat does look like a lovely day out, how nice of the sun to come out for you :-)
ReplyDeleteIt was nice here yesterday afternoon, but now it has gone all windy again...
It looks lovely. Glad you got a good pitch because you deserved to be seen and heard.
ReplyDeleteThanks you soooo much for coming! it did sound great amplified all over the field!! I've heard many lovely comments about how lovely your pitch was and how nice the organ sounded.Will speak to you soon x x x x
ReplyDeleteThese are the things I miss most about home. Fetes. I LOVE a good village fete, and have played in the brass band at many a North Bucks event... perfect summer day out. I think the organ would be wonderful. Scotland's galas etc are just not the same (partly because of the weather I suppose!!).
ReplyDeleteMorning Valerie,
ReplyDeleteI’m glad you found them interesting. As I said above to Annette, I never know what photos to put in and what to leave out. :)
Hi Kath,
I took that picture with you in mind. In fact I took quite a few of the dogs. :D
Yes, it was a fab day, and yes, I had the car loaded up with everything bar the kitchen sink! Hard work and fun. Not only do you have to put it all up at the venue, but also take it all down again. It doesn’t finish there either - I had to load the car in the morning and unload it all again at night.
That was my brother Adrian having a kip in the tent. I was behind the camera. :)
Morning Cherie,
It started off very dull and grey. :(
A few spots of rain around Banbury and a bit windy, but by two o’clock it really brightened up for us. Great. :)
Hi Foody,
They had a pitch for me next to the refreshment tent, but it was not quite wide enough for my tent. So where you see me, was actually a second choice.
Hi Amy,
I did wonder what it sounded like amplified. It may have amplified any mistakes as well. LOL.
I’m glad everyone liked the music - my pleasure. (xxxx)
Morning TC,
We have loads of Fetes around this area at the moment. It is sometimes difficult to fit them all in. I have offered to do two for another grinder as he is off doing some elsewhere. I love a good brass band. The sound carries much further than a small organ. I sometimes get ’drowned out’ by just the general background noise. A larger fairground organ fit the bill better, although mine is OK at a small fete.
Thanks to you all for your kind comments.
Hi Bernard, What a wonderful day you must have had at the organ grinder's faire. Your pictures of the faire are fun to look at, as were the one's from Ilmer. My husband and I agree that we must return to the English countryside...it's incredibly lovely. I really enjoy your posts; keep it up.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had been there to hear the music. It all looks so festive and happy. What a nice occupation you have. I'm a musician too. But I can't carry the piano here and there. Congratulations for spreading your cheerful tunes and songs. The world needs music.
ReplyDeleteClaudia from Toronto, Canada
I nearly missed these two comments. Sorry if I'm late.
ReplyDeleteMyrna:
It was a great day out. Not too hot and at least it stayed dry. :)
It is nice to know you like the pictures I choose. I usually come home with dozens - then starts the process of deciding which to publish.
Good Morning Claudia,
I agree, carrying a piano around is asking too much! Mind you the organ is quite heavy. I can only just lift it - and that is with the front removed to make it lighter. All the tune writing and arranging is done during the Winter months tucked up in the warm. All I have to do in the Summer, it to turn the handle! :)