.
Schoolchildren are to learn basic DIY under the guidance of B&Q staff amid concerns that the skills are dying out.
.

.
The series of lessons will educate pupils in the art of painting or papering a wall, putting up a shelf, fixing a leaking tap and hanging a picture.
The curriculum was developed by B&Q after research suggested that parents are no longer passing on basic skills.
The young are forced to rely on grandparents for advice about "old-fashioned" ways of maintaining the home, it found.
The first 100 schools to try the lessons, all in the North-East, will begin the course this month before they are eventually promoted to 5,000 schools nationwide.
Not having any B&Q music, although I suppose I could have used
"If I had a Hammer, I'd Hammer in the Morning", I shall finish with a skit to the tune of “Roll Out the Barrel” instead.
Bring me a nail and a hammer,
And a picture to hang on the wall.
Fetch me a strong step-ladder,
In case that I might fall:
Bring me a couple of waiters,
And a good old barrel of ale’
And I’ll bet you I’ll hang up that picture,
If somebody drives in the nail!
Have a nice day......I'm just off to Henley-on Thames.
.

Henley-On-Thames? how "poshe" That photo is so funny. You should have had a "caption me" competition.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea (the course). About a month ago I taught my 27 y/o daughter how to paint a wall.
ReplyDeleteDD you are a mind reader, I was just about to suggest the same thing....I'm racking my poor old brain...I've given so many people a piece of it over the years, I fear there is not much left...
ReplyDeleteThis morning I had an uncontrollable fit of the giggles whilst trying to type this post. I couldn't think of a caption that would improve on the picture.
ReplyDelete"Actions speak louder than words".
I have quite a collection of silly pictures......I just have to wait until the right bit of news comes along to match.
(I had thought of a caption about 'breast enlargement' but had second thoughts)
Thanks all for your comments.
OK How about......New style Make-up remover not voted a success!
ReplyDeleteOr.....DIY Tooth extractor has 'teething troubles'.
Sorry DD...but you did ask!!
Hahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteMother was right! She said my nose would grow if I told fibs!!
ReplyDeleteVery good Kath,
ReplyDeleteYou can be the winner!
Too kind Bernard! I know you don't watch TV, but last night's Midsomer murders was filmed at Beconscot model village. I used to go there every week when the lad was little, as he was obsessed with the trains!
ReplyDeleteLOL it looks like a Darlek is attacking her!
ReplyDeleteKath,
ReplyDeleteI was very keen on trains as well and still am.....you forget, like you, I also have a workshop. Mine however is full of steam engines etc.
Cherie you could have been the winner with that caption...really good. I'm afraid I made Kath the winner yesterday.
Don't worry Cherie, I will share my prize, did Bernard tell you, it's an all expenses paid river cruise with champagne dinner, oh and the river concerned is the Danube :D
ReplyDeleteOooh! Kath we would have so much fun together :-) I would of course have my camera in hand for the beautiful scenery.
ReplyDelete"That photo is so funny. You should have had a "caption me" competition."
ReplyDeleteI see from the first comment of the day, that this was DD's idea. She will be presenting the prize!