.
A couple of apologies - I'm sorry, but it's cats again and I'm a bit late because I was trying to get a nice photo of my Birthday girl.
.
.
Happy 18th Birthday Hazel.
I managed to get her out in the garden for a 'photo-op' but she wouldn't sit still.
.
.
Wesley watching as usual.
She does look a wee bit grumpy this morning, considering she had polished of a plate of chicken.
This is her garden, her world. She has lived her for eighteen years from almost the day she was born. I had her at six weeks old from a family friend. Her mother was a 'British Cream' and she was one of four, all females. All four had remained in the 'family' although only Hazel and one of her sisters, Rosie still survive.
I searched for an early photo of her as a kitten, but I'm afraid my photo filing system eighteen years ago was rather poor.
.

.
This was the only one I could find.
When she was young the British Cream markings were much more pronounced.
.

Have a happy birthday Hazel, hope the servant dishes you up a great treat for your tea xx xx
ReplyDeleteHow cute. Happy Birthday, Hazel. She was beautifully marked, and still is of course, just differently.
ReplyDeleteDid you do her a birthday post last year? It doesn't feel like that long but I'm sure it was her.
Hazel is definitely the cat who got the cream - double cream too probably. Birthday happiness Hazel. xx
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day Hazel! lots of love from Aunty Kath
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Hazel!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Hazel. A birthday girl should smile a little more ;-)
ReplyDeletePS Hazel, Mrs Plod and Emily have left you something on Zorro's Blog, pop by and sniff it out when you've got time and wake up.
ReplyDeleteHazel wishes to thank you all for you comments.
ReplyDeleteShe enjoyed the sun out in the garden today.
Being eighteen, she has her good days a bad days - but don't we all as we get older?
(Foody, I did a post last year - same day but over on Tracker-Bar.)
(Thanks Von - have left a couple of comments)
Ah, thanks, Uncle. I didn't really have time to look for the earlier one. Workload has increased, see.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your wisdom tooth. Hope you get it sorted. In the meantime, soak some bread with whisky and keep it on the tooth. Alternatively, pour yourself a drink of it.
Happy Birthday Hazel!!...Love that name and the looks of your compagnion Uncle B..18!! but then..who would not servive that long in such a beautiful garden like yours?!..the treatment and have a lovely friend like Wesley...any cat would...many happy returns Hazel!!
ReplyDeletegreetings Francien.
greetings Francien.
What a beautiful cat! I must say though she looks rather grumpy in the photo as if to say "lets get this over with now so I can be on my way." I'm thinking she lives a wonderful life and has obviously been well cared for in her years. I'm glad to see a photo of Wesley here too, both handsome animals.
ReplyDeleteAnother quick comment to let you know I just read the post on Wesleys birthday too. Your cats are quite beautiful and well loved it seems.
ReplyDeleteHi Foody,
ReplyDeleteIt's not that bad actually, but thanks for your concern. To make things easier to find I have added a 'Label List' down on the right hand side.. It groups various posts and if you click on one you get all similar items.
Hi Francien:
Aren't my pussy cats popular? I used to have four at one time. It seems that nearly all my blogging friend have cats. Hazel was named after the Hazel Tree, the one with 'Catkins'.
Hi Kim:
I'm afraid she is past her prime. She has been a wonderful friend over all these years. She is very vocal. When I ask her a question, she always responds. You can hold quite a 'conversation' although neither of us understand each other! Glad you found Wesley.