Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Sore Hands, Knees and Boomps-A-Daisy

.
Are any of you wondering,
why this blogger has not posted for several days?
No, I thought not.

I have had lots of odd jobs to clear up,
to say nothing of the garden.

However, I did manage to get to Thame Market on Tuesday.
.
.
Bought all the usual bits and pieces.
Stayed dry but a bit nippy.

Bought some 'sarnies' in Waitrose,
and went off to

.
.
Now you see that lump of wood by the car.
They had several such lumps placed along the grass edge
to prevent cars parking on the grass.

Well on Tuesday I failed to see one such lump...
and yes, you've guessed.
I went arse over tit....not on the nice soft turf.
Oh no!
It was the bl**dy hard tarmac for me!
Luckily, nothing was broken but I have the most
enormous bruise well below the waist-line.

I thought I had better not show you.
Well, not here at least.
For those curious, and of a strong disposition,
I posted a picture at the end of an old post

.

.

8 comments:

  1. Blimey Unc, you just don't bounce so well as you get older, as I have also discovered. You will have to post updated pics of your bruises as they change colour, purple, yellow, green etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've made a comment on the old blog so in case it gets lost in cyber, I'll say it again,'Oww, ouch, ooo !!!!' You poor old Bernard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Kath,
    I'd rather not even try to bounce these days!
    Post more pics of my bum! :D
    If you knew how difficult it was just getting one that preserved 'a bit of modesty'. :)
    I took about twenty holding the camera out at arms length. Nineteen of those showed bits of me I would rather keep hidden! :o

    Hello Molly,
    Yes I found the other comment, thanks. I have moderation on 'older' comments so that I can find the post that they refer to.
    It's getting better slowly, thanks. The nights are worst - I can only lie on one side. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did wonder where you had gone, and I was going to send you a 'You OK?' message, but as you know I don't really visit my own blog as often as I used to. Well, now I know.
    Ha ha! Bernard, colourful as ever! Hee hee hee! Actually I don't mean to make light of it. It must have been shicking and painful at the time, but now you are joking about it, it must be OK for the rest of us to do so.
    I haven't yet mustered up the mindset for going and taking a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness looking at the result of your fall you are lucky you didn't break any bones.

    I did something similar once falling down a pothole at the side of the road, but I managed to escape the bruises.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foody:
    I am OK thanks - and yes, I don't mind a bit of a laugh. I have found recently that I am spending too long getting blogs up and ready, so I thought I would do them a little less often.
    Go and take a peek...and then you can feel sorry for me. :)

    I was lucky there Cherie. It has got worse in colour, but no longer hurts. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For goodness sake, Bernard - what a whopper of a bruise that is - I hope you're feeling much better. You should have had it checked out.

    I remember several years ago, Hubby was decorating the hall in our last home and slipped downstairs (while I was having a wee catnap and missed the whole thing). When I awoke his backside was a mass of black (two cheeks full). He'd to go to the docs who gave him medication to disperse the bruising and painkillers too. He was off work for 2 weeks. His GP said he had the biggest hematoma he'd ever seen. I know you can have a laugh at it now, but never neglect yourself. Glad I returned in time to give you sympathy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs S.,
    Thanks for the sympathy and advice. :)
    No, I didn't go to the Docs. You have to make an appointment and I guessed by the time I got to see him it would have gone down.
    I was wrong. It's as black as ever now and moved all around my leg and knees. After a couple of days it didn't hurt so I forgot about it. :)
    Dad used to say "Big boys don't cry", and I do tend to overlook most bumps and scratches. :)

    ReplyDelete