Tuesday is Market Day, well in Thame at least.
I just love old traditional outdoor markets and as there isn't a really good one close by I have to nip up to Thame for a good day out.
One of the things I like about Thame is that all (except all day) parking is free!
They want you.....They welcome you.....They encourage you to come and shop there.
None of this £4 an hour rubbish here.
.
.
Just look at all that home baked bread, sticky buns and crunchy rolls.
Bought a lovely slab of carrot cake here....but not for me. I'm on a diet!
.
.
Like many other towns Thame has lost it's 'Woolies'.... So it's back to the good old days of markets and many stalls here are now stocking those little bits "that Woolworth used to sell".
Although I couldn't see a "stick with a horses head handle" I must admit.
But, .....What I did see......and I claim the prize for the first to see...
.....Yes CHRISTMAS CARDS.
.
.
I promise you you this is not a con. There they were.....Christmas cards on sale in July!!!
Mind you, with all these Royal Mail strikes and the expected "summer of discontent"....maybe he's on to something.
.

I just loved your walk round the market. But I have to take task with the stall showing Christmas fare in July. They surely know that Christmas fare isn't allowed until after my Birthday.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a child, Christmas was in December and everything, decorations, cards, you name it,...were in those two weeks before 25.12.
ReplyDeleteYour birthday in November?.. may even be a little too early for some.