Wednesday, 15 July 2009

"Loafing About"

.
Have to go out today, so just a couple of ditties from my box of 'Ridiculous Rhymes'.
.
.
The baker girl was kneading dough,
And whistling softly, sweet and lough.
Yet ever and anon she’d cough,
As though her head were coming ough!
“My word!” said she, “but this is rough;
This flour is simply awful stough!”
She punched and thumped it through and through,
As all good bakers always dough!
“I’d sooner drive”, said she, “a plough,
Than be a baker, anyhough!”
Thus spake the baker kneading dough,
But don’t let on I told you sough!
.


"Do you want to give my loaves a squeeze?


There was a young fellow of Acre,
Who took off his hat to a Quaker;
When the pretty girl said,
“You are very well bred
He replied “ Well you see, I’m a baker !”
.

No comments:

Post a Comment