Monday, 27 July 2009

'Four Legged Friends'

.
I read somewhere last week about bloggers having a 'Silly Week'.
As if the papers weren't already having a 'field day' with the 'Silly Season'.
Anyway, it was aimed mainly at political blogs, which can be a bit too serious for most of the time.
I have always believed "Variety is the spice of life", so I shall spare you a week of silly jokes.

So , what do you make of this:-
.
.
It is the front cover of a LP record I bought some 30 years ago. Yes, I still have a record turntable and still loads of old LP's.....all unusual music.
Why this was called "Horsemusic" I have no idea. It is a recording of music played on the concertina by Lea Nicholson. Wonderful playing, I don't know how he does it.

And now....what do you make of this:-
.
.
A horse which has grown a curly, golden moustache is refusing to let grooms shave it off.
The horse also refuses to let staff at the stables in Bitton, Gloucestershire, into his stall there for fear that they will remove his whiskers.
However Alfie clearly enjoys the look and groom Justine Greenslade said all efforts to clip it had been in vain.
"He's obviously rather proud of his facial hair," she said.
"He runs a mile if he thinks we're going to trim it."
Moustaches are relatively rare on horses although they are noted among Friesians, which are said to be able to grow ones to rival surrealist painter Salvador Dali's.
.
A small bit of trivia....

“Won-one” was a race horse,
“Tu-tu” was one too,
“Won-one" won one race,
And "Tu-tu" won one too!
.
And nice little photo I took last week, on a day when the sun shone!
.

They came over to see what I was up to.....Nice pic don't you think?
.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I'm partial to horses, so I love your pics today. In my 60 years of horsemanship, I've never seen a horse with such long whiskers. I guess it keeps his nose warm. Looks like he got nosy with a porcupine, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know horses had whiskers.
    But curly ones...well.
    I found it in one of the papers.
    I took a lot more on my walk that day but only posted the best one up.
    Glad you liked them.
    I am expecting a comment from "Foody" as she ownes a couple of ponies I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a horse with whiskers either!

    Yes that last pic is cute Aww!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cherie,
    The light has been very good lately for taking 'snaps'. (now there's a good old word from my past)
    I've got quite a backlog now to sort through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Cherie's Place, and glad to have discovered these posts. Love the moustachioed cob - and I'd thought I'd 'seen it all' in matters equine!
    This one's a gorgeous pic of mare with foal at foot. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to have a visit from a "Redundant old bat of 'strange, unnatural beauty".
    You are very welcome... you will find this is only a humble little blog of past memories and British humour as it was and should be. Please drop in any time.
    Cheers...... Bernard

    ReplyDelete