Thursday, 2 July 2009

No longer a Secret

.
Oh dear, Kippers favourite quiet bit of river
may not be so quiet for long.
.

.
I just found the following in this mornings papers:-

Marlow
There are few more picturesque places to amble by the river than Henley-on-Thames in Buckinghamshire. However, with the regatta getting into full swing, you won't find much respite from the London crowds here – which is why we suggest neighbouring Marlow. The town has less traffic so is quicker to get to than its more famous neighbour, while the Thames Path is less cluttered, and wends it way through some equally beautiful riverside scenery.

Getting there: By car, take either the M4 or M40 from London

Whilst I agree we live in a 'free' country and every one has a right to go (almost) anywhere they like, I have always felt that little bit sorry for people who have bought a home in a not so popular place, only to find that it is now featured in "Secret Places in Britain".
Once a quiet place receives this sort of publicity, it is no longer a 'secret'....is it?
.


No comments:

Post a Comment