Monday, 20 July 2009

Summer Hols

.
Politicians have just "broken up" for the longest recess ever.
With all that lovely tax payers money they prepare to start a bumper 82-day summer holiday.
I wonder where they are planning to go?
.
Here perhaps?
.
.
Or how about 82 weeks in......
.
.
.
But no......with all that lovely money of ours.....

Swimming pigs have been photographed taking a dip in the tropical waters of the Bahamas.
They are such a familiar sight at the spot that locals have named the area "Pig Beach."
.
.
It's a stay-at-home holiday for me, I'm afraid......I'm skint !


Last summer I went to Devon for a holiday.
The landlady said to me
“We charge £20 a night, bed and breakfast…..or £12 a night if you make your own bed.”
“Oh, alright” I said,
“I’ll make the bed.”

She gave me some wood, a saw, and a hammer and nails!

2 comments:

  1. The politicians have all gone to the Bahamas by the look of things.

    The word verification is "arguingi"
    Arguing plus 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit Italian to me. Perhaps an Italian version of an Aga cooker?

    ReplyDelete