Thursday, 2 July 2009

I put it down to the Heat !

.
There I was, sitting in my front room, windows open wide to get a bit of a breeze through, when an unusual little motor pulls up outside.
.

Well I never…..a piano tuner.

The neighbours opposite must have a ‘real’ string piano.
Now for the bad news…..the house opposite also had the front windows open wide to let a bit of a breeze through.
So for the next half hour Kipper was subjected to a piano being brought into tune!
I toyed with the idea of giving the organ a good cranking but decided on doing a bit of Hoovering up instead!
I can only remember one thing worse than this tuning ... and that was when I was in Sherborne looking round the Church there. The organ was being tuned. As the tuner worked on his own, he would place a weight on the relevant key at the keyboard and then disappear round the back to adjust the pipe stopper. All this time, the pipe was sounding continuously.
It was necessary but to my ears unbearable.

Snazzy little car Deb ....don't you think?
.

2 comments:

  1. How great! I love this! I checked out the name on the back to see if it was a piano tuner that participates in our online discussion group (we have many world wide members) but no.

    I thank you from the bottom of Gill's heart for not cranking up the organ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have really tried to drown her out. I realise these things just have to be done.
    I know... I have to tune the organ every so often... but I do remember to close the windows!

    ReplyDelete