.
I am more than willing to stand shoulder-to-shoulder,
united with our Irish brothers, sisters and cousins.
BUT instead of helping the Irish people,
which is the right thing to do,
we are bailing out her politicians
from the consequences of their euro folly.
"We do not want to have to bail out the Irish economy."
I will drink to that.
This calls for a little Irish music, I tink.
.
.
I tink we should help the Irish people direct.
So, if there are any Irish Grannies out there,
that fancy a wee holiday in the Thames Valley,
just drop Uncle Bernard a line.
.

Looking for the pot of Gold at the end of the Snowbow bernar:)
ReplyDeleteIrish Grannies won't have any 'Pots of Gold; Angus, they're broke. I was rather hoping that they may know how to make real Irish White puddings!
ReplyDeleteAnd hey!
Do you get such a thing as a 'Snowbow'?
Snowflakes don't refract light as per rain-drops do they?
I was going to make a "Pot of Gold" comment too but Angus beat me to it. :)
ReplyDeleteThere are a lot of people here with Irish ancestry so the local media have been going at this story with the full Guiness.
Kate
Global warming Bernard, apparently 2010 may be the hottest year ever!
ReplyDeleteBernard this post is teetering on the brink of a lonely hearts column !! An Irish granny would make a very good companion to kick up your heels with during the cold spell you are aparently having.
ReplyDeleteGood luck !
Cheers
Helen
"...going at it...with the full Guiness"
ReplyDeleteThat is the first time I have heard that.
I like it. Thanks Kate. :)
Angus:
It's -5 here this morning and Hazel has slipped on her thermal body-warmer.
I have just been reading this.
http://thegwpf.org/ipcc-news/1877-ipcc-official-climate-policy-is-redistributing-the-worlds-wealth.html
Has a true 'ring to it, I think.
Hellen:
"A lonely hearts column." Now there's an thought. I read somewhere that many people take up blogging, tweeting and whatever, as a way of overcoming loneliness.
Lots of frost here today, Snow forecast next week :(
Thanks for the link Bernard, interesting:)
ReplyDeleteTell Hazel not to go out.
White pudding? Did I hear mention of foooood?
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Hazel is in her body warmer. It's CO-O-O-O-LD ) and snowy.
Word verification said "Fryot". See? Cooking instructions provided! You fry it!
Angus:
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome. :)
Foody:
I don't do any frying anymore, except to soften onions in soup preparation. This started, as I tried to cut my fat intake. I now bake things that I used to fry. I do miss things fried. :(
CO-O-O-LD here also. I do hope you don't get a repeat of last years terrible conditions.