.
Way back in the sixties there was a popular song called 'Little Boxes'.Now I was sure I had this on one of many old LP's, but do you think I could find it?
I thought it was sung by a group called 'Peter, Paul and Mary', and then I thought it may have 'Nina and Frederik' ......
......but no it was not on this album.
Tried a search on YouTube and found an early black & white version by Pete Seeger.
However.....the song was not the reason for the title.
The fact is I am surrounded by 'little boxes' of projects awaiting restoration.
Deb, once remarked that she wished all her repair projects would fit into little boxes! She was considering a change, from restoring pianolas to restoring flutes!
It doesn't matter whether I'm at a flea market, junk shop or wherever, if I come across a sad and forlorn looking musical instrument......I have to buy it.
Home it comes for some 'tender loving care'......but as always they need new parts which are no longer available. So into a box it goes...for another day.
Here are just three of many to be found in my loft, garage and spare room.
.
You joke about repairing flutes, Deb.......how do you fancy a piccolo?
The question I have to ask myself is.....where do I start?
.
Guess I'll just listen to dear old Pete Seeger whilst I decide.
.

Well, there's your answer.
ReplyDeleteBanjo
Actually Deb, my 'proper' 5 string banjo does not need a restoration job....but those two in the picture are little ukulele banjos and were/are in a sorry state.
ReplyDeleteSo, perhaps you are right....must search out some 'banjo/ukulele web sites.
Ahhhhh! I haven't heard that song forever my dad used to sing it to me!
ReplyDeleteI especially like the line "all made out of ticky tacky" xxxxxxxx
Amy,
ReplyDeleteNice of you to drop in.
You would be surprised what Brother Colin & I had in our repertoire of musical gems.
There were many, many excellent songs around before you were born. Upstairs I have LPs going back years and years.
And why did I buy them?.....and
why have I still got them?....because they were immortal icons of our youth.
Love Uncle Bern. xxxxxxx