.
A barmy new EU rule says, that owners of horses and ponies, must sign a pledge not to eat their pets — or face up to two years in jail.
The Horse Identification Regulations, to come into force next month, are partly aimed at stopping harmful vets’ drugs entering humans’ diets.
British owners will be ‘saddled’ with the legislation even though it is aimed mainly at continentals who happily munch through two million of the creatures every year.
UKIP leader Nigel Farage said:
“I’d like to be a fly on the wall when the Queen and Princess Anne are asked to sign a form saying they’re not going to eat their horses“.
All British horses will be treated as though they are headed for the dinner plate unless the owner declares otherwise.
Furious stable owner Kate Gillanders, of Kinross, Perthshire, said yesterday: “The thought of them being eaten is utterly repulsive. Brussels is poking its nose in where it should not be.”
Albert Busker said "This sort of thing gets me angry and all wound up"
“We don’t see our horses as cattle. “The EU knows nothing about me and cares even less."

I wonder how long it will be before they extend this to include other pets like dogs?
And what about all those people who keep snails?......or frogs?
Lets finish with a smile.
A blogging ‘petite’ young lass
Had a truly magnificent ass;
Not rounded and pink,
As some of you think !!!
It was grey…had long ears…and ate grass.
.

Hmph. Actually I hadn't heard anythiing about this legislation although I'm a pony owner, member of my breed society and read pony press. Thanks for that. I'll see what happens.
ReplyDeleteWhenever you buy wormer for horses or ponies you have to give your name and address, but this has gone on for years. I always imagined it was something to do with them entering the food chain within a certain time after having been wormed, or else to do with you maybe buying the wormer for yourself to get high on. No, I haven't tried it but I do keep partially used syringes of the stuff in the salad box of the fridge. Maybe that's why my memory is going.
Well, I wouldn't have come across it either, except that I read/follow bloggers4UKIP.
ReplyDeleteI think you may find out about on
other websites as well.
(I know you have a pony...which is why I wrote the last little bit for you!!..Not wishing to offend of course.)
Mr Nattrass, who is a keen defender of animal rights, said "It is time to rein in the power of the EU and harness our right to stable government, by sending the EU to the knackers yard ”
ReplyDelete“You could make yourself hoarse opposing all this, show jumpers with certainly take a fence. Hay! we should have a straw poll of horse owners.”
ReplyDeleteHello there. I'm still busy at uni, just finishing up and exhibiting my street organ. My street organ won best in show at the exhibition in London! I now own a gold plated sculple.
ReplyDeleteI now want to make my own music. I want to have super mario brothers: main theme:
http://gprime.net/images/mariopiano/
and this tune:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/90467/PianoSquallKorobeiniki
(Korobeiniki) I'm not sure if that is the whole song though. But then I guess it must repeat.
So what do I do to arrange it and make it into street organ music?
Thanks again for your help
Hi Rosie,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your award.
Is this covered on the web anywhere?
Now on arranging.....there is not space in a comment box!!...so I will start a series on Tracker-bar of how I go about it. It will probably bore those not 'into' organs/music but I will post other bits and pieces on The Organ Grinder's Monkey.
Where to start?... That is the question.
One important point...Not everything can be arranged for just 20 notes (it is a bit easier with 26 )....But in some cases it just cannot be done.
My first impression of the pieces you listed...is that there are an awful lot of accidentals...and your organ cannot play them. I will however print them out and and have a closer look. My advice would be to start will something simple and work up (Most start with hymns as they are easy arrange).
Cheers for now.....Bernard
Oh, sorry I missed the reference completely. The "ass" bit threw me. People do call my ponies donkeys all the time. I should have realised it was for me.
ReplyDelete