Sunday, 13 September 2009

"Vibration Tests"

.
Saturday morning.....all packed in and ready to go.
.
.
This was the first time in the car for the organ and I was a bit concerned about how vibration would affect it.
Would nuts shake loose? ....after all I had not used 'lock-nuts' or 'shake-proof' washers.
Could all this bouncing around dislodge the pipe stoppers and it would arrive out of tune?
.
.
It was all a bit of a tight squeeze but no real problems.
I will have to think again on the arrangement in the back if I have to take the tent and things like picnic chairs etc.

It was a 220 mile round trip and overall it went smoothly. The worst bumping around it got, was within two or three miles of home. The 'potholes' around here are appalling.

Arrived in one piece with only one item needing attention. The vibration had caused the spring that tensions the idle wheel to have no tension!

Soon rectified, and on with the show.
.
.
I would have taken a few more pictures except for one thing........it was a very hot day and all the little girls took off all their clothes and played around with 'water bombs', squeegee bottles and hosepipes!
Pleased to say, all the big girls preserved their modesty!
.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun day out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen the organ before, it's gorgeous. Glad it arrived at the destination in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a tiring day, Cherie. I arrived home knackered!

    Hi Valerie, most of the organ pics I put over on my other blog called Tracker-Bar (you'll see it on the right) I have spent years building it and Saturday was the first 'outing'.
    It is now safely back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for coming what a lovely surprise, so nice to have all the family togther! The organ sounded amazing and made the party!
    Hope you get back safely and have recovered now
    Lots of love Amyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are most kind. Glad you, and the children enjoyed it. I enjoyed being with you all.
    Bernard xx

    ReplyDelete