.
No-one did washing on Sunday,
Lest they be called a sinner.
‘Washing Day’… was Monday,
…….and we all had cold meat for dinner!
First they came for our "light bulbs", next on their list are "domestic appliances".
Brussels continues to intrude into every aspect of our lives.
One of the new measures, which comes into force next year, includes banning washing machines without a cold-wash setting.
Cheap but inefficient fridges, freezers and dishwashers will be the next to be banned.
The new regulations will potentially see the cost of fridges, televisions and washing machines rise by £100 or more!!!!
I need cheering up.
Mother dear I'm writing you from somewhere in France,
Hoping this finds you well,
Sergeant says I'm doing fine "A soldier and a half".
Here's the song that we'll all sing, it'll make you laugh.
.
.
We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line,
Have you any dirty washing mother dear?
We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line,
'Cos the washing day is here.
Whether the weather may be wet or fine,
We'll just rub along without a care.
We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line,
If the Siegfried Line's still there.
A good rousing march from 1939. Word and music by Jimmy Kennedy & Michael Carr.
Up the lane and down the lane,
And all around about.
The petticoats on washing day
Are all a-hanging out.
Some are made of fleecy Wolsey,
Some are made of silk,
Some of them as green as grass,
And some as white as milk.
.
.
Back to the good old days of the 'cold-wash'?
.

I was singing the Siegfried Line as I walked downstairs yesterday with my basket of washing!
ReplyDeleteBut....yesterday was Sunday. Tut tut.
ReplyDeleteOnly joking....I was any day when the weather is OK.
Nice of you to drop by...strange as it may seem, only a minute ago I was just reading your 'link bit' on DD.
Me too I was hanging out loads of washing yesterday it was such a wonderful drying day :-)
ReplyDeleteYou did a load of washing on Heritage Day?
ReplyDeleteI thought you'd be off round all these lovely old houses and gardens,
taking loads of photos?
Have you found that those low energy lightbulbs sometimes only last a few weeks? That has been my experience. I'm keeping all the receipts now and notes of the dates when the bulbs were installed and I'm darned well taking any faulty ones back to the shops.
ReplyDeleteFoody.....I don't have any low energy bulbs in my house. You see I am allergic to flickering tubes and also I refuse to have products containing mercury anywhere near me.
ReplyDeleteBut you are right to complain. If they state they will last up to seven years...then take them back.