Wednesday, 23 December 2009

"427 Not Out"

.
.
Did the last of my food shopping yesterday.
Very dodgy underfoot, nothing but crunchy ice.


On the way back from the shops I stopped off at the Garden centre, not for a Christmas tree but for cat food. For some reason they have loads of offers in the pet section.....3 for a £1, 4 for a £1, that sort of thing. They also stock the biscuits that my two will even consider eating. I usually get them in Thame but with this bad weather, I haven't ventured that way for some weeks now.
When I got in I found Wesley had braved the cold and was sitting at the bottom of the garden in the only patch of sun. I took this from the warmth of the house.
.
.
When you get in with the shopping both cats come to see what you have brought back. I'm sure they assume I have been out 'hunting' .
After putting my bags of frozen peas and oven chips in the freezer I came back to find Wesley had deposited himself in the cold bag! Why does he always find cold places whereas Hazel is usually glued to the radiators?
.
.
I have just totted up, that since this time last year when I started blogging, I have clocked up 427 posts.
Well you know the old saying....."Never mind the quality, feel the width!"
Thanks to those who have dropped by to see what I'm up to, and also many thanks to all those who have left comments.
I am going off now for a break and to recharge my 'blog-bank' of ideas.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas
and
Good Health & Happiness in the New Year.
.
.
Best Wishes from Bernard and his Monkey
.

13 comments:

  1. And best wishes from me too, Bernard.
    I hazard a guess that one of your cats is hot blooded... it was a good fit in the cool bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had to prise my cat off the radiator again this morn, I think she expects me to bring her food to her.

    Happy Christmas to you too bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernard, I have so enjoyed "meeting" and getting to know you. Your daily musings are a delight.Have a wonderful Christmas, best wishes Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a happy christmas and a healthy new year x x lots of love Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't miss it for anything! Have a happy day, hope the cats have a fine time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for being a follower on my blog KD. I'm always amazed when people find me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all, I had a nice restful couple of days off. Too much to eat I'm afraid, but not to much drink as I had to drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mrs S,
    I found your delightful blog from I think ..."Bad Jokes and Oven Chips".
    I'm always on the look-out for jokes you see. Call in anytime.
    Cheers & 'Happy hogmanay'...Bernard

    PS Spell checker doesn't like hogmanay? How should it be spelt?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny cat, liking a cool bag!
    I feel very guilty now, not getting in touch over Christmas but I just wasn't in computer mode at all.
    Belated Merry Christmas to you, and Happy New Year. I will try to catch up on all your posts before too much time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's quite all right Foody. You don't have to catch up. I did miss your comments mind you. It'll all be over by the time you read this.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete