.
Today is the 1st of December, perhaps we should call it
"Loss of Independence Day"?
This morning the eu will at last have the supreme government it has wanted for so long – unelected, unaccountable and, as even its own polls show, less popular with those it rules over than ever before. But what do the politicians care? They have the power, and we now have a government we can never dismiss.
The eu is a corrupt dictatorship wearing the clothes of a democracy.
.

.
Just five of the many things we lost at midnight.
1. Habeas corpus ad subjiciendum. Latin for "you may hold the body subject to examination". This undeniable right protects one from the state.
2. Courts de jure. Latin for "courts by jury". We have some 70 courts in our land geared for jury trials. Today your right to be judged by a jury of your peers evaporates completely.
3. Innocent until proven guilty. This morning we start playing a whole new game whereby you, the accused, are guilty until you can prove your innocence.
4. Loss of sovereignty. Under the eu our sovereignty is dead and buried. No more English, no more Scots, no more Irish, no more Welsh. We are all european now.
5. Democracy. From the Greek demokratia-power to the people. This morning we give away this unique method of rule for an oligarchy. Mandarins in Europe are not elected. They are selected.
.
.
However....I still LOVE sprouts.
I got that stick, by the way, in Sainsburys for only a pound!
.

Well, I wouldn't know.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I rather like sprouts too. Is it right that they are better after a frost? They're handy to shred into a soup too.
How in the world do things like this happen? People are more concerned about what's on TV, or their favorite movie star's private life, than they are about the practicalities of their own lives? I have problems with this when I'm trying to get people interested in local issues. I guess I need to read more about the EU, I didn't realize it was so insidious. Thanks for the information.
ReplyDeleteI can't say what I really think about this, I am a Lady!!!
ReplyDeleteBut on a lighter note I do have half of one of those Sainsburys sticks of sprouts left. They are very tasty :-)
Well I'm glad at least that you all like sprouts (except DD).
ReplyDeleteI didn't want to do a political blog as there are far too many already and dozens never get read. However please forgive me if I have a 'burst on my banjo' once in a while. The eu is my pet hate at the moment as I believe the majority of our problems in this country can be traced back to eu directives.
Have a 'burst on your banjo' all you like, I really appreciate it as it keeps me in touch with what is really going on and how people think about it.
ReplyDeleteGosh, sprouts on their sticks at Sainsburys these days!! Brilliant!
This EU 'improvement' is more than worrying, must have set things sback 100's of years?