.

.
My working friends frequently ask me as a retired person, what I do to make my days interesting.
Well, for example, the other day my friend Fred and I went into town and went into a shop.
No don’t laugh - shopping can be very interesting.
However this wasn‘t a very interesting shop as all it sold, were mobile phones. It said something about 'T' on the outside, but we couldn’t see anyone in there having a ‘cuppa’.
.

.
Anyway, we were only in there for about 5 minutes - and when we came out, there was a ‘plastic plod’ or sometimes called a traffic warden, writing out a parking ticket.
I went up to him and said, "You Rotton Pig, how about giving a senior citizen a break?"
He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.
I called him a "Callous Bastard."
He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tyres.
So Fred called him a "Greedy Money Grabbing 'jobs-worthy'."
.

.
He finished the second ticket and put it on the windscreen with the first.
Then he started writing a third ticket.
This went on for about 20 minutes.
The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote...
Personally, we didn't care.
.

.
Fred and I had gone into Maidenhead by bus
and had seen that the car had a ‘Save the Euro’ sticker
on the back window!
I like to try to have a little fun each day now that I’m retired...
It's important at my age.
.

Is this really true? Oh, Uncle!
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds a bit naughty to me. Or did he realise you were just having fun?
Spoooooooooff.
ReplyDeleteOh thank goodness that was a spoof, that would have been very naughty >:-) (funny all the same)
ReplyDelete"Naughty but nice" is good old saying. Eliza.
ReplyDeleteNice to have you call in :)
and glad you liked it. :)
I can see you keep yourself well entertained :-)
ReplyDeleteActually I did think it was a spoof the first and second times I read it, but I read it a third time and you really did seem to be saying you really did say these things. I was shocked. Phew! :)
ReplyDeleteThe oldies are the best!
ReplyDeleteRetirement!That blessed time free of paid work when you can do your own thing when you like, work hard or go to sleep without anyone telling you that you need to be doing something else!
I've said it before, you are a TEASE Uncle Bernard!
ReplyDeleteCherie, Foody, Von and Kath:
ReplyDeleteI actually found it hard to stop myself laughing at my own joke yesterday. Every so often a silly story pops up and just hits that 'funny-bone".
Some jokes are funny but don't get you into an uncontrollable fit of the giggles.
The 'Art of Tease', is to see how far you can convince the reader that what you are saying is true.
:)