Sunday, 14 June 2009

"A Grand Day Out"

Well the gods were certainly with us today...it was a cracker and no mistake.
This is just the way I like a Sunday afternoon...a good rake around the 'bric-a-brac' stalls, a time to catch up on news with old friends......beer....chips!...(well just the smell of chips) ....traction engines and the sounds of our wonderful little organs.
This is the Marsworth Rally, in a lovely village, just south of Aylesbury.


These two organs were both built by Dennis, one a JS 20 note 'Busker' and the other the larger 26 note version. It was amazing but the only organs there today were all to the designs of John Smith.
John was at Marsworth last year but unfortunately had a 'prior engagement' and was unable to make it this year.
The next picture is of Doreen giving the 20 note a good sounding.....now I hope they won't mind me mentioning it.. but ....Dennis and Doreen have just celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary.
So......Congratulations to you both.
Come back Dennis....and have your photo taken!!!


I don't know who this chap is having a 'grind' on Dennis's organ but the arrangement of the 'Dance Callers Waltz' was one of the best I have heard.

.

4 comments:

  1. Is this why you were trying to stabilize the organ in the back of the car? Did you take it with you?
    Sounds a great day, especially the chips bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.
    I didn't take mine as you have to book with these events to get a pitch. You see they don't want too many organs playing too close to each other....so they limit the numbers.
    It is mainly 'first come, first served'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one from my little 'Hat collection'.
    Straw Boater's are the 'in' thing in this neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete