Sing me a song of the old ways,
Tell me a tale of the past,
Of the time when England was mighty,
And everyone thought it would last;
When men raised their hats to the ladies,
And ladies wore dresses and skirts,
And children respected their elders,
Or received a good clout where it hurts!
When lovers were pleased to get married,
And make do with little they had,
Kept out of debt and were happy,
And a young child knew who was his dad!

Ah yes. Much simpler.
ReplyDeleteHi Deb,
ReplyDeleteI too like the simple life.
I may may retire out into the countryside to 'wind down' so to speak. I feel the less the I know about 'modern society' the better I feel.
Thanks for dropping in....Bernard
Oh, I drop by often, just don't comment often!
ReplyDeleteThe other day my daughter said she thought digging a deep hole to climb in may help. I asked if I could join her!
I think a deep hole would actually make things worse.
ReplyDeleteI would rather go and sit all alone on the top of a 'lowish' mountain!