Sunday, 27 September 2009

Hang up the Wellies.

.
.
Every five years or so I have to drain and clear out my 'brook' and ponds. There are seven in all and the whole job takes weeks (well it takes me weeks). I showed you here what it looked like in August and how the 'brook' no longer babbled!
On Friday I finally cleared the last one and filled the whole set-up with nice clear water.
.
.
You can actually see the bridge now!

.
.
And finally Hazel came up to check out
that the frog population had returned.
.
.
Thank heavens that's over for another five years.
Time to hang up the wellies.

Wellies in the corner
And jackets on the pegs,
A gorgeous smell of cooking,
A basket, full of eggs.
Cosy slippers close at hand
All ready on the mat…..
Don’t take that fireside chair please,
It’s reserved for the cat!
.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I really enjoyed this post. The picture of Hazel was sublime picture postcard quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Hazel. I'd love a pond in my garden, yet another thing to add to my never ending list of things to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a lovely picture of Hazel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all.
    I do all the hard work and Hazel steals the 'limelight'!
    Only joking.
    Actually the light was in the wrong place...her face is in shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with the shadow, a lovely photograph. Wish you were around here to build me a babbling brook and ponds. Like Eliza my list is too long to possibly add another thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see we're going to have to do a "work exchange", where I build you a babbling brook and you tidy-up my workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Bernard,so lush and natural. I always wanted moving water in my garden. Please don't feel obliged to read every post, let alone comment! Nice to have you visit from time to time, Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kath,
    Will do.
    Cheers.......Bernard

    ReplyDelete