Thursday, 12 November 2009

'Photo-shoot' Delayed


.
After arranging a velvet drape across a chair for yesterdays picture, I went to my music drawers to select the appropriate sheet music. I was only away for a minute and of course when I got back, Hazel had decided that velvet was one type of bedding she couldn't resist.

.
.
Cats sleep anywhere, any table, any chair,
Top of piano, window ledge,
In the middle, on the edge,
Open drawers, empty shoe,
Anybody’s lap will do,
Fitted in a cardboard box,
In a cupboard, with your frocks… anywhere!
They don’t care!
Cats sleep anywhere.
.
Verse by Eleanor Farjeon.
.

9 comments:

  1. and who says a redhead can't wear pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kath,
    Not having a 'single hair on my head' I don't feel I can comment on that, and besides......
    ....pink is not my colour!

    PS I had a very welcome visit/comment from Catherine, who as it happens lives in Monk's Risborough. She enjoys sewing etc. Thought you may be interested. She blogs here:-
    originalstitch.blogspot.com/
    Cheers.........'Little Boy Blue'

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece of velvet, really makes Hazel's coat glow warmly gold and black..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. not you, Hazel!
    Yes, Catherine and I have met in person, when she came to my house to collect some fabric, that's how she came to visit you, from my Blog. The wonders of the WEB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got it as an 'remnant' for 50p.
    I was going to use it on the organ as a sort of 'backcloth', to hide all the works. It turned out that I didn't need it after all.

    Yes Hazel. She likes any colour as long as it's comfy!
    I did check your followers first Kath, but couldn't find any link.
    This is getting quite a little 'chat-room' isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A proper little "club"! Did I tell you that Kipper was my schooldays nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the most important photo shoot took place first. The lady must not be kept waiting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very pretty colour and despite it being a bargain, Hazel chose to grace it with her presence.She knew of course how stunning she would look and how we would all admire her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Nickname 'Kipper'?
    Sounds fishy to me! Kath.

    You are right Cherie, I very rarely move the cats from their chosen spot.
    The one exception is when they sleep on top of the freezer and I need to defrost my dinner!!

    True Liz. She never minds having her photo taken.

    ReplyDelete