During my searching for information on escalators, I came across this which I found amusing.
No need for the right foot first this time!
Eric Morcambe's response to Andre Previn.
"You are playing all the wrong notes!"
"I am playing all the right notes.....but not necessarily in the right order!!"
.
This sort of thing would sadly never be found in todays Britain. Just imagine the 'Elf 'n Safety brigade getting wind of it?
"Happy people"? People enjoying life? People keeping fit?
Must ban it on safety grounds!!!!
.

I loved it, and more than just the fun no-one was using the escalator...
ReplyDeleteI thought it was great. There must be many ways like this to encourage people to get more exercise.
ReplyDeleteI love searching YouTube for unusual musical items.
What a lot of fun :-)
ReplyDeleteJust not safe is it having fun? You could laugh yourself to death or choke on a joke or give someone a hernia.I'm all for living dangerously, how about you?
ReplyDeleteHi Cherie, I wonder if anyone managed to get a tune on it?
ReplyDeleteWe haven't had one banned here in the UK Liz, ....yet. I was just guessing.
The H&S fanatics do seem to put the damper on most of our pleasures.
I don't mind taking a risk but I draw the line at 'Bungee jumping' and 'Sky diving'!
You can't possibly enjoy yourself, life is a serious matter, you may hurt yourself God forbid!
ReplyDeleteEliza, I think nearly all this H&S stuff is because of our 'Compensation Culture'. If my council put in something like this, they would be scared that someone would fall and sue them for damages.
ReplyDeleteCheers......Bernard